General Question: Handles And Classlist

ivan

Hi anyone!

I've had no trouble so far calling windows by their names, but I need to call a window whose name changes during a process, so I decided to try handles. I've used "classname=CLASSNAME", as reported by the Spy with no trouble, but I really want to learn how to use the handles. And as if that was all, I would be really grateful if you could also give me a clue as to what I can do with the classlist, as reported to a variable by WingetClassList.

I've used a syntax of the form:

$var=WinGetHandle(...)

to report the handle of a window, to $var.

I then try to use $var to run a routine, say sending a control to the window $var, but it doesn't work. I followed the syntax of WinTitleMatchMode 4, where "handle=HANDLE". Could someone be so kind to explain where I might be going wrong?

Thx,

IVAN

I then try to use $var to run a routine, say sending a control to the window $var, but it doesn't work. I followed the syntax of WinTitleMatchMode 4, where "handle=HANDLE". Could someone be so kind to explain where I might be going wrong?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You would never call a window with the string "handle=HANDLE". You should use the return of the handle for the window you wish to interact with. So be sure to use something like this:

ControlSend("handle=" & $handle, "", "", "my text to send")

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.