FileOpenDialog - how view as thumbnails

aharown

I've got a little script that opens the File Open Dialog in "shared pictures," allows user to select one, then stores the path on the clipboard.

I think I can live with the dialog always opening in the upper left at 0,0, but I'd like it to appear to the user with the Thumbnail view enabled.

Is that possible? My skill in AutoIt (and scripting in general) is still very, very basic.

If something tricky has to be done, might as well solve the position problem as well... I'd rather see the dialog closer to the center of the screen.

Did some searching and found some solutions to the position thing, but since they use methods I don't understand at all, I don't know how to get them working in my situation... and also with the thumbnail view enabled....

A couple of them worked well for the position problem, but when I clicked "cancel," things got ugly. ... and since the code was way over my head, don't know how to fix that either.

So... can anyone help me out here?

This is all I have so far

CODE
$message = "Select a picture."

$var = FileOpenDialog($message, "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Pictures", "Images (*.jpg;*.gif)",1+2)

;WinWait ("Select a picture.","",1000)

;WinMove ("Select a picture.","",400,200)

If @error Then

;MsgBox(4096,"","No File(s) chosen")

$var = "error"

EndIf

;Put path or "error" into clipboard

ClipPut($var)