Script exec thru php - 1, out of 5, RegWrite() func's doesn't working

luffi

Hi,

I need help with my script that I want to run thru PHP.

I have created a script to allow change of 5 registry keys: change of computer name, and the "My Computer" display name.

The script works fine if I run it on the local machine, but when the script is exec'd thru PHP, the RegWrite function that changes the "My Computer" name would fail.

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}", "", "REG_SZ", $cname)

Can someone who's familiar with PHP remote registry access rights help answer my problem?

In the same script, there are 4 other RegWrite func's modifying regkeys no problem.

i think what he might be using the PHP script that was posted here a while back, which allows you to run a .au3 file on the webserver via PHP.

And when running the script he has made via it, the RegWrite function does not work. but running it locally (logged into the server) it does work.

is this the case?

It might be due to the fact that the script is running whilst the server is not logged in.. does it have a RunAsSet() in it?

might be worth a try if it doesnt.

but keep in mind how much of a security risk this is.

Sorry I didn't explain this more clearly.

What I have is a headless computer running a web server. The goal is to allow 1st lvl support to configure a system thru a simple web interface.

This script is supposed to change the computer name.