cannot press a button in confirmation box

hi

I cannot manage to press a button in a pop up confirmation box.

The confirmation box is generated after making click on a link in a web page ("Are you sure you want to ....? ")

My code is :

Local $reset

$reset=$documentIE.getElementsByTagName("table").item(7).getElementsByTagName("tr").item(1).getElementsByTagName("td").item(4).getElementsByTagName("a").item(0)

_IEAction($reset, "click")

WinWait("Microsoft Internet Explorer" , "")

If Not WinActive("Microsoft Internet Explorer" , "") Then

WinActivate("Microsoft Internet Explorer" , "")

WinWaitActive("Microsoft Internet Explorer","")

EndIf

Send("{ENTER}")

After the click on the link, the confirmation message appears. Anything after that line (_IEAction($reset, "click")) doesn't work. Entire script is paused until de user makes the choice.

i have the following settings :

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 1)

AutoItSetOption("WinSearchChildren", 1)

The pop up is a simple window, with title "Microsoft Internet Explorer" , the text "are you sure you want to reset the user password?", buttons : OK (button id =1), Cancel (Button ID=2)

What am i doing wrong?

hi

I cannot manage to press a button in a pop up confirmation box.

The confirmation box is generated after making click on a link in a web page ("Are you sure you want to ....? ")

There are a couple of hyperlinks on a Dell website that I have to go to frequently that I can't click on as well. I just use a mouse move to click the object.
$realsize = WinGetPos("Dell.com - Login - K-12 Education - Windows Internet Explorer")
    MouseClick("Left",$realsize[0]+60,$realsize[1]+578) ; 3 and 17 greater than next values
    MouseClick("Left",$realsize[0]+62,$realsize[1]+565)
    MouseClick("Left",$realsize[0]+208,$realsize[1]+565)

Notice that it does require that you can identify (AutoitInfo) the title of the popup that you are trying to click on. You put that name into the WinGetPos function (above) and adjust the mouse locations according to the actual position of the button. Since Dell likes to move the hyperlink on me, I click on the last three known positions of the hyperlink. Ugly, but it works...

Edited by jefhal
...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

no statement is working after i click on that link (THAT IS AFTER THE POP UP APPEARS ), even if the statement is a simple

ConsoleWrite ("blah blah blah")

:::::::::::::::::::::::

_IEAction($reset, "click")

; ~~~~~~~~~~the confirmation window appears. waiting for user's choice : Ok or Cancel

ConsoleWrite ("blah blah blah")

:::::::::::::::::::::::

Nothing is displayed. Why is that ?

no statement is working after i click on that link (THAT IS AFTER THE POP UP APPEARS ), even if the statement is a simple

Nothing is displayed. Why is that ?

Thinking out loud... your main IE window has lost focus and IE is now waiting for a response to the smaller IE popup. Until you respond to the smaller popup, it seems that the main page will do nothing.

You might want to try adding an AdLib function to your script that is always looking for a window with the properties of the popup (title, text...) and replies to that window with a controlclick on the OK button on the popup?

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

I modified the code like:

AdlibEnable("myadlib")

Local $reset

$reset=$documentIE.getElementsByTagName("table").item(7).getElementsByTagName("tr").item(1).getElementsByTagName("td").item(4).getElementsByTagName("a").item(0)

_IEAction($reset, "click") ; pop up appears

Func myadlib()

If WinActive("Microsoft Internet Explorer" , "") Then

send("{ENTER}")

else

WinActivate("Microsoft Internet Explorer" , "")

send("{ENTER}")

EndIf

EndFunc

The link i'm trying to click is :

<a id="dgUsers__ctl3_LinkResetPassword" class="navlinkblack" name="LinkResetPassword" onclick="return confirm( 'Are you sure you want to reset user password?');" href="java script:__doPostBack('dgUsers$_ctl3$LinkResetPassword','')">

reset

</a>

it looks like the script is waiting for something to happen. A Javascript confirm() box comes up that says "Press OK / Cancel". The box does not go away automatically.

I'm trying to use AUTOIT to test my applicaiton, and I need to be able to click the OK button in javascript confirmation box.

Any help would be appreciated,

Diana

It's working. I used the AdLibEnable , like you suggested, Jefhal.

The code looks like :

Local $reset

sleep(1000)

_IEAction($reset, "focus")

sleep(2000)

Send("{ENTER}")

sleep(2000)

Func myadlib()

If ControlFocus("Microsoft Internet Explorer","OK",1) Then

ControlClick("Microsoft Internet Explorer", "OK", 1)

EndIf

EndFunc

Thanks,

Diana

It's working. I used the AdLibEnable , like you suggested, Jefhal.

The code looks like :

Glad to be of help guiding you through some of AutoIT's lesser known features... :whistle: