Protecting a program.

Hello,

I've been looking through some ideas and I can't seem to find out how to implement them.

Here is my goal:

Basically, I need to make a .exe only work on one computer. (Probably via the HD number) Problem is, the .exe is not autoit. Is it possible to make a autoit program to do what I need to do?

• Moderators

Hello,

I've been looking through some ideas and I can't seem to find out how to implement them.

Here is my goal:

Basically, I need to make a .exe only work on one computer. (Probably via the HD number) Problem is, the .exe is not autoit. Is it possible to make a autoit program to do what I need to do?

Details... Details... Details...

Like what do you want autoit to do in "detail", step by step, 1 through however many...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Sorry about the lack of detail.

The over-all goal of the program is:

1) Basically, the goal is to to protect a .exe , this would not be a problem for me in autoit, except in this case the file is a .exe.

2) The method I would like to protect this with is a IP check sum (They start the .exe, and it checks there IP, if it does not match it, then it doesnt let them load the .exe..)

Any method (Decides a client side password store..) to be able to protect a .exe thats not auto-it(But the program to protect it, made in autoit) via IP or any other method of making it so it can not be ran on other computers, is what I am looking for. Possibly some way to wrap the autoit script around the .exe?

Edited by lolp1

• Moderators

Sorry about the lack of detail.

The over-all goal of the program is:

1) Basically, the goal is to to protect a .exe , this would not be a problem for me in autoit, except in this case the file is a .exe.

2) The method I would like to protect this with is a IP check sum (They start the .exe, and it checks there IP, if it does not match it, then it doesnt let them load the .exe..)

Any method (Decides a client side password store..) to be able to protect a .exe thats not auto-it via IP or any other method of making it so it can not be ran on other computers, is what I am looking for.

Unless you are constantly running an autoit executable, since you obviously don't have access to program the other executable that is written in another language... the answer would more than likely be no.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Unless you are constantly running an autoit executable, since you obviously don't have access to program the other executable that is written in another language... the answer would more than likely be no.

Heh.. I suppose I will quit trying to think of every possible idea then via autoit.

Probably use the fileInstall command to embed the program...and then only run it if it passes a check for registry entry which is only put on that computer. I've never used fileInstall before, but in my subconcious I believe it would work for that.

"Everything is vague to a degree you do not realize till you have tried to make it precise." - Bertrand Russell [The Philosophy of Logical Atomism]