Matching a Number in an Image to the same Number on a Button

Hey guys,

I am just getting started with this language, and what I am trying to do is figure out how to write a program that will match a number in an image with the same number on a button, then click that button. The idea is to do this over and over again many times without stopping.

I asked a friend about it and he said that the more different the two numbers look, the more difficult it is to program.

Anyway, could anyone please lend me a hand with this one? Even anything that can get me started would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• Moderators

Hey guys,

I am just getting started with this language, and what I am trying to do is figure out how to write a program that will match a number in an image with the same number on a button, then click that button. The idea is to do this over and over again many times without stopping.

I asked a friend about it and he said that the more different the two numbers look, the more difficult it is to program.

Anyway, could anyone please lend me a hand with this one? Even anything that can get me started would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Telling us the application you are wanting to do this in since you are not providing any code attempt, will more than likely give you which direction to "correctly" head in.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Telling us the application you are wanting to do this in since you are not providing any code attempt, will more than likely give you which direction to "correctly" head in.

I am trying to create what you might call an "auto-clicker" for a game called Kings of Chaos. There are "recruiting" programs that set up browsers in a neat order so that when you click one person's recruiting link, you get credit for it, that way people can click you back, and it refreshes new pages as you go along so it is pretty smooth. I want to write a program that will automatically match the numbers in the images for each link to the correct button that you have to click.

This is an example of a recruiting link if this will help: http://www.kingsofchaos.com/recruit.php?uniqid=c7652s4s

The recruiter I use is at www.kocplanet.com if that will help also.

People still play those games? :whistle:

I clicked your link, saw what you meant, came up with a brilliant solution, and forgot it because I saw bewbs flashing over on the right hand frame. :P

But to be honest, I'd think that this is going to be a huge pain in the butt to try and code. They design those pictures so that they are hard to bot.

The numbers are broken into dots which would be a giant pain to extract, the numbers are different fonts and some are pretty much unrecognizable.

If you manage to put something together that will do what you want, I will be amazed, and will give you a tribute of Baby Jesus tears.

PS: I joined your army. Don't get me killed.

People still play those games? :whistle:

I clicked your link, saw what you meant, came up with a brilliant solution, and forgot it because I saw bewbs flashing over on the right hand frame. :P

But to be honest, I'd think that this is going to be a huge pain in the butt to try and code. They design those pictures so that they are hard to bot.

The numbers are broken into dots which would be a giant pain to extract, the numbers are different fonts and some are pretty much unrecognizable.

If you manage to put something together that will do what you want, I will be amazed, and will give you a tribute of Baby Jesus tears.

PS: I joined your army. Don't get me killed.

Hehe thanks for your help Eru, that's pretty much the same thing my friend told me. I guess it's a lost cause. However, there is another program I would like to write. I would like to try and create a recruiter of my own; in other words, a program that will allow users to login with a username and password, open up several browsers at a time like the recruiting link I posted above, allow people to click the numbers and get a credit for each one so that people can click theirs as well, and continue to refresh the pages so that it is relatively smooth running. I would also like it to order the links so that the person with the most credits goes first, etc.

A couple small notes that may be useful:

Each recruiting link is exactly the same except for the last 8 characters; this is the player's "unique id."

Each link can only be clicked by the same computer once every 24 hours, I'm assuming IP address is how they keep track of who has clicked who.

Can anyone offer some advice for a program like this? I would be happy to provide more info if this is too vauge.

Thanks everyone!