Need Quick Script, Will Pay Via Paypal

I need a quick script to run 5-6 commands with no user input.

List of commands in order.

1. c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe /v \\10.5.33.100\truecrypt\file /lx /a /p password /q

2. c:\program files\syncback\syncback.exe backup

3. c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe /d /q

I need the script to wait for the program to complete before moving to the next command.

Since i know this is really simple, $5.00 US to the first person to get me a script. Just be sure to include your paypal email address.

I need a quick script to run 5-6 commands with no user input.

List of commands in order.

1. c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe /v \\10.5.33.100\truecrypt\file /lx /a /p password /q

2. c:\program files\syncback\syncback.exe backup

3. c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe /d /q

I need the script to wait for the program to complete before moving to the next command.

Since i know this is really simple, $5.00 US to the first person to get me a script. Just be sure to include your paypal email address.

i dont care for money..

see the runwait, and while/wend commands.

Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

We are not your slaves. We will not write your programs for any amount of money (well if you start offering above $50 I might not be able to hold out :whistle:). If you want to use AutoIt... learn the language. We are here to HELP you... not take orders from you. Thank you for you cooperation.

- Dan [Website]

Sorry if I come across as demanding, I can assure you i am not. I just don't have a lot of time between school and work to learn a programming language on top of what is on my plate right now =\. I looked at the online documentation and I assume since I lack that programmer logic, it made no sense to me. I've tried modding several scripts i've found already with no success.

I'm not fully sure on this, but perhaps using the _RunDOS command will allow you to do those commands. For the waiting part, there are many ways you can wait till the command finishes, but they rely on different conditions being met. If we knew what happens after each command is execute that may help us figure out the right way to go about this.

EDIT: Nevermind, RunWait is a better way to go about.

Edited by BALA
[font="Comic Sans MS"]BA-LA[/font]http://ba-la.110mb.comJoin my community, CLICK HEREAlternative links to my site:http://www.ba-la.tkhttp://www.ba-la.co.nrContact me if you would like to help with some of my projects: joeythepirate@gmail.com

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & 'c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe /v \\10.5.33.100\truecrypt\file /lx /a /p password /q')
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & 'c:\program files\syncback\syncback.exe backup')
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & 'c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe /d /q')

msgbox(0,'Autoit','Done!')

Don't bother, It's inside your monitor!------GUISetOnEvent should behave more like HotKeySet()

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & 'c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe /v \\10.5.33.100\truecrypt\file /lx /a /p password /q')
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & 'c:\program files\syncback\syncback.exe backup')
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & 'c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe /d /q')

msgbox(0,'Autoit','Done!')
I've tried a few suggestions and still no luck.

RunWait("c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe /v \\10.5.33.100\truecrypt\file /lx /a /p password /q")
RunWait("c:\program files\2brightsparks\syncback\syncback.exe -m backup")
RunWait("c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe /d /q")

I also tried using the macro @ComSpec as you stated. With your method, it doesn't appear that it is running, it pops up a black box and closes faster than I can even read it.

Another person recommended just using the RunWait, which it does execute the first line of code semi correctly and stops right there. A little autoit icon takes up residence in the taskbar with the options to unpause script or exit, it never runs the second or third line.

The truecrypt command I am giving out mounts an encrypted container to a drive letter. When I execute that command from a dos box it mounts the file quietly and exits afterwards, leaving the file mounted. When I run it with the au3 script, it automatically opens up the explorer to that drive letter, what could be causing this and is there any way to stop it?

I've tested all of the command lines from a command prompt and they work fine. Any help is really really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

• Developers

try:

RunWait('"c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe" /v \\10.5.33.100\truecrypt\file /lx /a /p password /q')
RunWait('"c:\program files\2brightsparks\syncback\syncback.exe" -m backup')
RunWait('"c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe" /d /q')

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hello..

I've had a few similar hiccups with passing parameters to long filename paths... So I bodged it..

Create a batch file with the command you want to run..

"c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe" /v \\10.5.33.100\truecrypt\file /lx /a /p password /q

"c:\program files\syncback\syncback.exe" backup

"c:\program files\truecrypt\truecrypt.exe" /d /q

Save that off somewhere. Then get your Autoitscript to run the bat file. Crude, but it works.

Cheers,

Gerard