File print

Hi to all,

I have a simple problem taht I cannot resolv without you.

Is there a way to create a script that will printing a file without open some dialog boxes, for example the box that says to choose the file that you need to be printed.

I need a script to print directly the file.

For example: if you have a daly report that you'll printing it everyday, I'm sure that you want to run the script and the script to print that file. Avoid the dialog boxes and this kind of things.

Thanks

You can solve this without us. The help file is your friend, just search for "print" and I'm sure you'll find something useful.

If you really can't do that, look up _FilePrint()

My Code:- _TocLib - UDF for TOC protocol (The simplified one used by 3rd party AIM/ICQ clients)

If it is a plain text file I would suggest looking at _FilePrint in the help file.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

• 4 months later...

If it is a plain text file I would suggest looking at _FilePrint in the help file.

What if it where an Excel document, is there a function to do this without opening excel? I need to print large batches of .xls spred sheets.

*edit*

I sort of figured it out using ShellExecute() but even if I specify @SW_HIDE it still shows the Excel window and for some reason asks me if I want to save changes?... I will keep working on it...

Thanks guys!

Edited by Skizmata

AutoIt changed my life.

• 2 months later...

I have long since taken gotten the excel print question covered. But I have a new print question that I need help with and this seemed as good a place as any to put it. I need to print large batches of text files without page numbers at the bottom file name at the top and with no (or dramatically lessened margins). _FilePrint() dosent give me much help is there a more raw print UDF around or could someone help me to get one put together. I know from looking at the _FilePrint() function it uses whatever windows has associated with the right click "Print" option. Just knowing how to change what that is associated with should be good enough since I could most likely find a simple edit pad that doesn't include this extra information and allows me to set default margins.

Please Help!!!

Thanks,

AutoIt changed my life.