Can A GUI run when no one is logged in?

I have been trying to read the posts for the solution for this, but I can't exactly find an answer, so I thought Id post it...

I have a working AutoIT3 compiled exe that runs under the system service (with the "interact with the desktop" option). But it will not work if no one is logged in. (there are GUI manipulations in the script). Is it impossible to get a AutoIT script that manipulates a GUI to work when no one is logged in?

Thanks for any help!!

You cant use functions like WinWait, WinWaitActive, Pixelget etc etc etc

OK, understood. So then what is the AutoIT "Best Practice" for doing something like this? Ideally, I would have a script log in at 2 AM, run the script and then logoff. Is anything like that possible? I know I can something like the Autologon utility to ensure that someone is always logged in but it is a security risk because someone could just reboot the computer and automatically have access to this server. I also thought about using group policy to automatically launch the script anyone someone logs in, but this would be rather annoying.

Any other ideas?

Well I dont think the login can be done by Autoit.....

Edit

Well ehm this is a thought...

Step one.. In the reg database you can spefify a user to login at next reboot (Dont ask me its somewhere on the forum).

Step two.. Add the script in reg database for a run once.

Step three.. in scheduled task have it reboot at a time.

Now the security...

Have the script checked if its run from the regdatabase (well have a the script double one for using and one for the reboot)

If the reboot script is running and the time span is not valid, then logoff...

Well thats how long I could think... :shocked:

Edited by Shevilie

Start here if you are new Valuater's AutoIT 1-2-3Looking for an UDF - Look hereDo you need to do it twice - Autoit

Read this topic

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...&hl=runonce

It will tell you how to set the pc to auto logon and also that you can set the script to run as well once logged in via the registry. You can't get a gui to perfom functions though if not logged in.

Thanks for the tips, but i can't set up autologin on this server for the security reasons I described earlier. I think I will simply schedule a task to run every four hours that starts the AutoIT service I created and then stops it a few minutes later. If someone is logged into the console session (which is normal on this server) they will get a prompt that asks if it is OK to run the script. If they click "yes" or do not answer in 30 seconds, the script will run. If they say no, then it will run again in the next 4 hours.

I have an autoit script that will mimick what you do on the screen until u press home key, and then it will generate an autoit script and will repeat exactly what you clicked, typed, etc. i didnt write it but i did get from a website where i use to play an old computer game. :shocked:

Thanks for the tips, but i can't set up autologin on this server for the security reasons I described earlier. I think I will simply schedule a task to run every four hours that starts the AutoIT service I created and then stops it a few minutes later. If someone is logged into the console session (which is normal on this server) they will get a prompt that asks if it is OK to run the script. If they click "yes" or do not answer in 30 seconds, the script will run. If they say no, then it will run again in the next 4 hours.

That might be your best bet then since its on a server.

EndFuncAutoIt is the shiznit. I love it.

I have an autoit script that will mimick what you do on the screen until u press home key, and then it will generate an autoit script and will repeat exactly what you clicked, typed, etc. i didnt write it but i did get from a website where i use to play an old computer game. :shocked:

Hey that sounds cool. Where can I get that?