copying the content of another windows text contents

Hi all,

I am new to this great tool but I am new to the new way of programming also. I used to program in gw-basic about 20 years ago!!

But I hope my old gray cells are still a bit working. anyway, i hope i can get some assistance from the new programmers out here to help an old topper with simple problems to solve by either help me in the right direction or offer their hobby help by writing it for me. I can donate to you if needed to show my appreciations to your work/help.

What i like to accomplish is the following: i have program running and want to point the mouse on one of its controls. Then when i press the mouse there will be a identical box copied with the contents of the original box which i can freely move to another part of my desktop where when i release the mouse it stays on top and changes its contents real time when the original changes also. I want to do this for multiple windows and like to remove the child box or close the child box with for instance right clikcing on it.

Is this possible with autoit and can anyone assist me with this.

Dan

First, what is the name of the application you are trying to do this with?

Thanks for your quick reply.

The idea is that it can be application independent by pointing the mouse and click on the textbox. By this i thought autoit can determine which window and control id your pointing at without hard coding the program you want to use it with. this way it keeps it flexible or is it paramount to know which program beforehand?

Danny

sorry,

Asking someone to write a program for you without you making any attempt is not received well here. Also, it depends on the program. If you attempted to do what you want in IE, and again in a java program, it would be quite complicated. I wouldn't even want to try to wrap my mind around that one.