Sleeping script that doesn't hog CPU and memory?

Hello all - I'm hoping I can get some quick advice:

I've written a script that checks to see if a specific condition exists every 5 minutes. I've written a while loop with the code inside of it which sleeps for 5 minutes before it restarts the loop; but it seems to take up a good amount of CPU time and memory (especially over time). I'll never get away with it.

Does anyone know how to place a script into a more idle state which would execute over a specific amount of time through out the day without hogging CPU and RAM? I've considered an Adlib; but I don't think that applies in this situation.

Thanks in advance!

Hello all - I'm hoping I can get some quick advice:

I've written a script that checks to see if a specific condition exists every 5 minutes. I've written a while loop with the code inside of it which sleeps for 5 minutes before it restarts the loop; but it seems to take up a good amount of CPU time and memory (especially over time). I'll never get away with it.

Does anyone know how to place a script into a more idle state which would execute over a specific amount of time through out the day without hogging CPU and RAM? I've considered an Adlib; but I don't think that applies in this situation.

Thanks in advance!

Would be nice to see some code that shows the problem you are having. I've written several scripts using Sleep and/or GUIGetMsg and they don't take up CPU or memory.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

You know what, you're right. I went back and looked at it again and realized that I had something else (a macro program) running in the background that was hogging up CPU. I also ran the app from Scite and I think that takes more memory than just executing it from the compiled executable.

If it starts acting differently I'll repost.

Thank you all for replying.

Your script sleeps for 5 minutes between loops and hogs memory?? Are you sure its your script and not something else? Post the code...if the problem is the script..someone here will find it.