Is AutoIT the right tool for integration?

We've got a number ocf challenges in our IT environment in the form of apps that need to interact but don't know how, i e app1 has customer data and when updated should update corresponding data in app2. The "right" way is obviously to call in the consultants and create a nice SOA etc.

I'm looking for a simpler solution, however, in the form of a tool that allows me to code/script/whatever a sequence like for example the following:

• App monitor (ideally resting in system tray) identifies that specific window in specific app is opened
  • App monitor pops up toolbar with options like for example "Copy cust data to app2"
  • User clicks option as above -> App monitor opens pre-defined window in app2 (including scripted login sequence), pastes data into app2 form, clicks save, exits app2 and the minimizes into system tray again
Obviously, there are endless variations of this that might need to be done, but the main theme here is intelligent bridging of applications för purpose of retrieval, data sync, etc in various windows.

So, would AutoIT be right for this or are there better tools?

Thanks,

Lars.

We've got a number ocf challenges in our IT environment in the form of apps that need to interact but don't know how, i e app1 has customer data and when updated should update corresponding data in app2. The "right" way is obviously to call in the consultants and create a nice SOA etc.

I'm looking for a simpler solution, however, in the form of a tool that allows me to code/script/whatever a sequence like for example the following:

• App monitor (ideally resting in system tray) identifies that specific window in specific app is opened
  • App monitor pops up toolbar with options like for example "Copy cust data to app2"
  • User clicks option as above -> App monitor opens pre-defined window in app2 (including scripted login sequence), pastes data into app2 form, clicks save, exits app2 and the minimizes into system tray again
Obviously, there are endless variations of this that might need to be done, but the main theme here is intelligent bridging of applications för purpose of retrieval, data sync, etc in various windows.

So, would AutoIT be right for this or are there better tools?

Thanks,

Lars.

Based on your jnformation then AutoIt will handle the situation with ease.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Yes, look up these:

• WinWaitActive()
  • GUICreate()
  • and much more.. but look those up to get your script started.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]