Console Tracing using Scite

Hi

Just wanted some advice on the best way to debug GUI AutoIt scripts. I'm trying using the option in Scite to add alternating trace lines to all the lines

in my code. The problem is that these then alter the @error return values that my script receives.

E.g.

ConsoleWrite('>Error code: ' & @error & @crlf & @crlf & '@@ Trace(1646) : $line = FileReadLine($handle)' & @crlf) ;### Trace Console

$line = FileReadLine($handle)

While (@error = 0)

ConsoleWrite('>Error code: ' & @error & @crlf & @crlf & '@@ Trace(1649) : $percent= (100 * $i_file) / $total_files' & @crlf) ;### Trace Console

$percent= (100 * $i_file) / $total_files

ConsoleWrite('>Error code: ' & @error & @crlf & @crlf & '@@ Trace(1651) : GUISwitch($status_bar_handle)' & @crlf) ;### Trace Console

GUISwitch($status_bar_handle)

GUICtrlSetState($control_progress_status,$GUI_SHOW)

ConsoleWrite('>Error code: ' & @error & @crlf & @crlf & '@@ Trace(1654) : GUICtrlSetData ($control_progress_status,$percent)' & @crlf) ;### Trace Console

GUICtrlSetData ($control_progress_status,$percent)

ConsoleWrite('>Error code: ' & @error & @crlf & @crlf & '@@ Trace(1656) : GUISwitch($main_window_handle)' & @crlf) ;### Trace Console

GUISwitch($main_window_handle)

$i_file += 1

ConsoleWrite('>Error code: ' & @error & @crlf & @crlf & '@@ Trace(1659) : $i=StringInStr($line, "=", 0, 1)' & @crlf) ;### Trace Console

$i=StringInStr($line, "=", 0, 1)

ConsoleWrite('>Error code: ' & @error & @crlf & @crlf & '@@ Trace(1661) : If ($i>0) Then _ArrayInsert($new_backup_files, $i_file, StringTrimLeft($line, $i) )' & @crlf) ;### Trace Console

If ($i>0) Then _ArrayInsert($new_backup_files, $i_file, StringTrimLeft($line, $i) )

ConsoleWrite('>Error code: ' & @error & @crlf & @crlf & '@@ Trace(1663) : $line = FileReadLine($handle)' & @crlf) ;### Trace Console

$line = FileReadLine($handle)

ConsoleWrite('>Error code: ' & @error & @crlf & @crlf & '@@ Trace(1665) : WEnd' & @crlf) ;### Trace Console

WEnd

This went into an infinite loop because the @error return value of the FileReadLine() call at the end of the while loop is

used to control the termination of the loop!! Obviously the ConsoleWrite() command clears the @error value!! Is the inserted

trace code designed to avoid such side-effects (like how no trace is inserted between the FileReadLine() call and the test at the

start of the while loop). Maybe I've just stumbled across a small bug in it?? Obviously I just manually removed the offending

(bold) trace line.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!!

Bob Wya

The macros @error and @extended are only valid IMEDIATELY after the function that sets them. In your script, the first time While tests the value @error was set by the line:

$line = FileReadLine($handle)oÝ÷ ØKÞ¯+bëa® Ø^)^®ØZµhb謵ë-x®º+&¶¢ÛhX§y«­¢+Ù
½¹Í½±]É¥Ñ ÌäìÐíÉɽȽèÌäìµÀìÉɽȵÀìɱµÀìɱµÀìÌäíQÉ ÄØØÔ¤è]¹ÌäìµÀìɱ¤ìQÉ
½¹Í½±oÝ÷ Øò¢ìÛh±«Þzºè®Úç$«^®­Ø§jö«¦åzX¤y«­¢+Ù}5åչѥ½¸ ¤(ÀÌØíÉÉMØôÉɽÈ(ÀÌØíáÑMØôáѹ((츸¸()%ÀÌØíÉÉMØQ¡¸(5Í   ½à ÄØ°ÅÕ½Ðí=5ÌÌìÅÕ½Ðì°ÅÕ½Ðí¸ÉɽȽÕÉÌÌìÅÕ½Ðì¤)¹%

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law