Noob Question: How do I leave a value blank?

Say for example I have this command I want to put into my program:

GUICtrlCreateEdit ( "text", left, top [, width [, height [, style [, exStyle]]]] )

Now, all I want to use from it is something such as the following:

GUICtrlCreateEdit ( "My Text Control", 10, 10,  ,  ,$ES_NUMBER)

I know u cant just leave it as ", , ," so do I put a universal place holder or something?

Also for the same command...

GUICtrlCreateEdit ( "My Text Control", 10, 10,  ,  ,$ES_NUMBER)

Is there a way to only allow this to accept 12 characters that can only be inserted as a 1 or a 0? I'm using it to input a binary word. I know the $ES_NUMBER command will only allow numbers to be inserted, but can I limit it even farther to binary?

I want it to be as the person is typing it, not as a test in the code... (That I can do)

Edited by dakishman

I love AutoIT! It doesn't talk back, it doesn't complain that ur on the computer, it loves to be ran over and over and over... but IT STILL DOESN'T DO THE DISHES... Gatta keep da pimp hand strong...

How to use default parameters depends on the particular function and parameter you are dealing with. In most cases a string parameter is defaulted by "", and an integer parameter is defaulted by -1. But don't assume that, read the help file on the particular function you are working with.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law