AutoIt-WINE Compatibility Testing

sandman

Well, this isn't really an example script... but it isn't a question, so.... :D

I am working on testing all of the AutoIt functions and their compatibility of running on Linux via WINE. I have posted the incomplete results on my blog here (because if I put them in this post I would set the record for longest page :D)

So far I am working on UDFs; I have not [officially] started the built-in functions yet, though. On UDFs, I am at _GUICtrlCombo*. So far I have spent 1 hours, 5 minutes on this project :)

P.S: Sorry for the uncleanliness of the post.. I did it VERY quickly :D

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Hm, you got tray stuff to work? I haven't managed to make that cooperate, or maybe it's just how I try to implement it. My prog launches a bunch of subprograms (layered sound) and hides their icons, and then the big manager program gets a tray menu. For whatever reason it wouldn't launch all right.

I am sure it's not sound. I have another prog that extracts and plays a sound just fine under Wine (MEPIS Linux if it matters). Hm, maybe I'll have to XMC (examine my code, lol).

*returns to Example Scripts lurking position*

Hm, you got tray stuff to work? I haven't managed to make that cooperate, or maybe it's just how I try to implement it. My prog launches a bunch of subprograms (layered sound) and hides their icons, and then the big manager program gets a tray menu. For whatever reason it wouldn't launch all right.

I am sure it's not sound. I have another prog that extracts and plays a sound just fine under Wine (MEPIS Linux if it matters). Hm, maybe I'll have to XMC (examine my code, lol).

*returns to Example Scripts lurking position*

Sorry, but... What are you talking about?

Oh, wait.. no I have not tested Tray items yet.

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

The autoit tray menu works, i can even get the script to pause and flash the little red X over the au3 icon

Oh yeah.. I actually have seen it work in some GUIs I tested.