JET database and AutoIt

Fox2

Considering using AutoIt to write a simple database lookup app, so's I don't have to load access each time. Has anyone done this kind of database work with AutoIt, or used the Jet object(s) model from a script?

Any help and tips appreciated. I'm pretty competent at Access and VBA, but Ive never tried controlling a database object via Com from an AutoIt script. Should be easy though... shouldn't it??

Any input or help much appreciated.

Edited by Fox2

What language are you using or prefer?

Long story... I gave up coding when I started work, but you never really forget the methodology and way of thinking about it, and I was damn good at it. Just moved on to other uses of time. The only coding I've done relevant to AutoIt, has been design and writing of some fairly complex VBA for Access 2000/2002 projects for a business I worked for.

I was drawn to AutoIt by a wish to design customized installation for software I used - one click reinstall - that would allow customizing of all options/preferences, on all software, without needing to reverse engineer it for switches (which systems like RyanVM, WPI and NLite don't really do). Powerful, effective, obvious, and doesn't need an entire coding environment set up. So I've been using it since, almost as a VB-Lite way to do those little projects I'm after from time to time, especially those requiring a lightweight manipulation of other programs, or the use of GUI.

So the simple answer is, if anything, my closest relevant experience is VBA. But I'm very much "what I need to learn I'll pick up". Just tell me what I need to know, is the easiest way, and take it from there :)

Edited by Fox2