Auto Get URL of picture?

I do alot of url work with myspace, or just regular web pages and was wondering how hard it would be to make a script that automatically gets all the urls on a web site and lists them with a thumbnail preview in a box.

I do alot of url work with myspace, or just regular web pages and was wondering how hard it would be to make a script that automatically gets all the urls on a web site and lists them with a thumbnail preview in a box.

What kind of thumbnail previews do you want for URL's? You mean a thumbnail preview of the target site? You would maybe have to retrieve the URL's html and put that in a browser and saving a screenshot, or just (easier) open the page in a browser and take a screenshot then close that browser again.

Instead maybe here's a better suggestion, don't know if it suits you though... See, it might be easiest if you use MSIE 7 to open all pages at the same time in the same window, and then automatically go to the MSIE 7 preview page (CTRL+Q in MSIE 7 if you have multiple site tabs open). Looks nice too, and you automatically have the full sites opened already if you want to read them.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

dunno about the thumbnail preview.. but getting the URLs in the first place shouldn't be that hard.

Just InetGetSource() and a StringRegExp to find any URL which goes to an image.

I could never work out the strings though.

My favorite source for all things regex:

http://regexlib.com

Click the "Search" link and set the "Category" to "Uri" and the "Minimum Rating" To "The Best".

See _IELinkGetCollection

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble