automating adobe

• Administrators

I am trying to write a script to automate the install of adobe reader. I was able to get as far as installing the application but not sure which command to use to launch the application.

Download this: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3564

Run the reader installation. When it gets to the welcome screen look in the temp directory (or possibly program files\adobe) and you will find the .msi setup files that adobe uses - copy these somewhere, then abort the installation

Run the install tuner you downloaded and open the .msi file with it

Customize (silent, no eula, etc)

Done. No script required :)

Moral: never script if it comes with its own setup system for silent install and config :D

Download this: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3564

Run the reader installation. When it gets to the welcome screen look in the temp directory (or possibly program files\adobe) and you will find the .msi setup files that adobe uses - copy these somewhere, then abort the installation

Run the install tuner you downloaded and open the .msi file with it

Customize (silent, no eula, etc)

Done. No script required :)

Moral: never script if it comes with its own setup system for silent install and config :D

Actually I kinda needed to script it.

Actually I kinda needed to script it.

You can, perhaps as suggested as what Jon suggests. AutoIt is not just an Automation tool, but all in one language. You make the decision of what is best for your script. My methods are perhaps different to others. We all have our own needs. :)