How to get the dial-up connection name ?!

hey guys, if anyone can be of help it'll be very much appreciated !!!

- how do i get the connection name of the dial by au3 ?!

- i know 1 way is to get into the control panel and from there into the network connection dir and just have it copy the name of the connection but that way is too lame !!!

- is there any way, any windows command that will give the DIALER's connection name ?!

i don't need the local area connection name but the current active dialer connection name ...

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

hey guys, if anyone can be of help it'll be very much appreciated !!!

- how do i get the connection name of the dial by au3 ?!

- i know 1 way is to get into the control panel and from there into the network connection dir and just have it copy the name of the connection but that way is too lame !!!

- is there any way, any windows command that will give the DIALER's connection name ?!

i don't need the local area connection name but the current active dialer connection name ...

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!!

Well that should be the way (or use dll to find it)

FIleinstall()

and the .dll will be reading it

the calldll()

• 2 weeks later...

Look into registry.

- rename your existing connection

How do i find my existing connection ?!?!

- that's what was my question in the first place !!!

- there is no specific place in the registry for that ?!

- there is no way to read from windows/ie / netstat what is my ACTIVE connection name ?!

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

no one knows the answers ?!

(for mods, please just msg me if i'm doing something illegal, because i don't think there is a point in Re'writting the msg!)

oky, and how will i read it from there ?!

look i need to make my program for auto'reconnection to the internet work automaticly, meaning, it has to find the used ineternet connection by itself, determine which type of connection is it, then preform disconnection and reconnection (:

- any other ideas maybe !?

oky, and how will i read it from there ?!

look i need to make my program for auto'reconnection to the internet work automaticly, meaning, it has to find the used ineternet connection by itself, determine which type of connection is it, then preform disconnection and reconnection (:

- any other ideas maybe !?

Then look at my autodial project - it's in my signature

autodial_src.zip

rnahelpxp_src.zip

@Zedna

G thanks ! that script is written in gods know what language... how will i understand any of it ?!

@Zedna

G thanks ! that script is written in gods know what language... how will i understand any of it ?!

You don't need to understand everything :)

Just look at parts related to your thing.

Here it's in rnahelpxp_src.zip - there are RNA API functions (written in Delphi/Pascal compiled to standalone EXE)

which can be translated to Autoit if you don't want to call them by Run() as I did in my Autoit autodial project.

Just search Autoit forum or Google for these API functions to see what is it.

EDIT:

It's in Czech language

If you don't understand some exact part I can assist you with partial translation of comments

but whole translation will not be done due to my lack of free time.

Edited by Zedna