Help-Newbie!

Guest terryp

Hi All, pretty new but having fun! I have a problem - I need to cut and paste info from a window that is moved to 'next' each time but where the info sits in the window changes with each 'next'. How do I tell the cursor where to go to do the next cut-n-paste? The field has an individual text title - the same each time. Thanks for any help!

Start the "AutoIt Window Spy" and hover the mouse over the text. If the text shows up in the Spy window, thn AutoIt can get it.

Now, I admit, I am not too sure what you are trying to do...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for coming back to me Larry. The window is from a CD that I normally copy fax no's for my marketing company. In each case I manually move the record to 'next' from the CD then highlight the fax no and cut and paste to a seperate text editor. Once I have a list then I do a mail-merge operation. Unfortunat6elly with the info being differnt lenghts for each 'record' sometimes the address above will take up only 1 line and other time two or three. So the fax field will move up and down the page. I have done as you suggest. I ran the 'spy' and hovered over the title 'Fax' but nothing showed up on the 'spy' window. Hope this clears things a bit. Thanks again for your help.