Weird Error that has nothing to do with AU3 ! (Windows Issue)

hey guys(:

i've got windows xp pro sp2 English localized and when i open a text file and enter the current date as such:

19:53 27/05/2007

then i save the file, close it and takes off it's extension eg: SKVersionUSD.txt -> SKVersionUSD

but in some other computers (with different localization) it come out like this:

19:53 ý27/05/2007

- WHERE DO THAT ý COMES FROM ?!

- HOW DO I GO AROUND THAT ( MAKE IT NOT TO COME EVER AGAIN !!!).

--->EDIT:

FFS i've just noticed that that 'ââ¬Å½' is added to my clean date - HOW ?! (EVEN IN THE FORUM ?!)

Edited by Armand

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

wopps.... editted !

Edited by Armand

[u]My Au3 Scripts:[/u]____________(E)Lephant, A Share download manager (RS/MU etc)Http1.1 Console, The Ez Way!Internet Reconnection Automation Suite & A Macro Recording Tool.SK's Alarm Clock, Playing '.MP3 & .Wav' Files._________________Is GOD a mistake of the Humanity Or the Humanity is a mistake of GOD ?!

- that doesn't help me !!!

tried without changing the file extension and it still gives the error!

any other idea ?!

- that doesn't help me !!!

tried without changing the file extension and it still gives the error!

any other idea ?!

how do you create, transfer and later open the files. Please name the exact applications. Post an example of such a file.

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

If the problem still exists if you do NOT change the extension, then:

1) The character is there when the date is retreived, before writing to the file.

2) The character appears when writing to the file.

Simply try putting a msgbox after you retreive the date -- perhaps autoit is grabbing it incorrectly due to locale (doubt it, but bugs happen).

Are you performing any operation on the date string before it is written to the file? On a different locale any string operations may have strange effects depedning on the characters it is operating on...

It is also possible that the locale is corrupt in some way...

Please correct me if I am wrong in any of my posts. I like learning from my mistakes too.