Control Handle or Control ID

The application I'm working on imports in test procedures, and then spits them back out to the tester to record each step one at a time. While the recorder I've written does work for capturing key strokes, mouse clicks, and what have you, it's not entirely perfect. Although it plays back the test procedure as requested, I'd like to make it a little more exact. Since the recorder isn't going to have access to the AutoIt Window, how can I figure out the control handle or Control ID of a control based off from a click on the control or the typing of some text within the control? Having the ability to determine if the control has focus before continuing on with the test is important to ensure each step in the step procedure is completed. Thanks for the help in advance.

The application I'm working on imports in test procedures, and then spits them back out to the tester to record each step one at a time. While the recorder I've written does work for capturing key strokes, mouse clicks, and what have you, it's not entirely perfect. Although it plays back the test procedure as requested, I'd like to make it a little more exact. Since the recorder isn't going to have access to the AutoIt Window, how can I figure out the control handle or Control ID of a control based off from a click on the control or the typing of some text within the control? Having the ability to determine if the control has focus before continuing on with the test is important to ensure each step in the step procedure is completed. Thanks for the help in advance.

Assuming that you don't want to have to specify Title/Text for the AutoIt functions:

To get the window under the cursor, use the WindowFromPoint API call. To get the control that has the focus, use the GetFocus API call.

Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Assuming that you don't want to have to specify Title/Text for the AutoIt functions:

To get the window under the cursor, use the WindowFromPoint API call. To get the control that has the focus, use the GetFocus API call.

Paul,

I ended up finding that a call to the function GetDlgCtrlID was more of what I needed. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

~Chris