New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.74

Jos

Jos,

Why intellisense does not apply to personal functions? It would be useful to show then names of the variables expecteted after typing the leading "(". I understand the builtin fucntions and udf have their definitions in a scite file, is that means that there is no way to do what I request without using a modded file?

goto is evil

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers

Jos,

Why intellisense does not apply to personal functions? It would be useful to show then names of the variables expecteted after typing the leading "(". I understand the builtin fucntions and udf have their definitions in a scite file, is that means that there is no way to do what I request without using a modded file?

Did you look in the Helpfile (Ctrl+F1) for SciTE User CallTips ?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

11/11/2007: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer..

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Jos

It just gets better and better. :P

I had one minor problem with the install, which I was able to fix, due to my having Autoit3 installed on on a removable USB drive which updates the registry settings when I need to use it.

In UpdateDefs.aut in the function Update_Autoit_Path() is called several times with @ProgramFilesDir set as the root, This makes it impossible to select a folder anywhere else. It would be preferable to have the root set to the desktop "" and the initial folder set to @ProgramFilesDir

$AutoItDir = FileSelectFolder("Select the AutoIt3 programfolder", "",0, @ProgramFilesDir)

Thanks

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

• Developers

11/12/2007: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer..

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Jos

11/12/2007
*** Updated Tidy.exe v2.0.22 (JdeB)
    - Fixed: BUG which was removing an ending ].
*** Installer (JdeB)
    - Forced the install directory to AutoIt3ProgramDir\SciTE.
    - Removed the Edit/Run option window which is now available in the AutoIt3 installer.
*** Updated UpdateDefs.exe v1.4.3.1 (JdeB)
    - Updated the FileSelectFolder() to allow other disks to be selected for the AutoIt3/SciTE path.
Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I was hoping to be done by tomorrow (Wednesday), but that probably won't happen now. Maybe Thursday. I just spent what little time I had today to work on Lua stuff chasing my tail only to find out I was facing a bug in SciTE. That's the second bug I've found. I also managed to create a fun little GDI leak which resulted in me using up all the GDI resources on my system. This latest bug involves the Lua environment being reset when calling UserListShow() for the first time (with certain settings).

So now, I need to grab the HEAD source of SciTE, test if my 2 bugs still exists there and if so, fix them and submit patches. And finish porting ~500 lines of Lua.

I was hoping to be done by tomorrow (Wednesday), but that probably won't happen now. Maybe Thursday. I just spent what little time I had today to work on Lua stuff chasing my tail only to find out I was facing a bug in SciTE. That's the second bug I've found. I also managed to create a fun little GDI leak which resulted in me using up all the GDI resources on my system. This latest bug involves the Lua environment being reset when calling UserListShow() for the first time (with certain settings).

So now, I need to grab the HEAD source of SciTE, test if my 2 bugs still exists there and if so, fix them and submit patches. And finish porting ~500 lines of Lua.

@Valik how is it going with that new feature of yours? Any luck yet?

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

Jos has all my code. It was a lot of code (a full rewrite of every bit of Lua code I had) so I imagine he's working on porting his stuff to follow what I've done and going over what I've done to find the useful bits.

• Developers

Yeap... got all the code stored and haven't looked at it yet ... too much other things at the moment.

Will include the new set of LUA code when I am going to prepare the new release of SciTE 1.75 which will be out soon ...

I will take out the scollbar resizing stuff since thats now part of the new SciTE 1.75 release....

:P

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I will take out the scollbar resizing stuff since thats now part of the new SciTE 1.75 release....

You may or may not want to do this. I just tried what SciTE has. It's nice, to a point. It seems to correctly expand the scrollbar as you scroll through the document, however, it never shrinks it. I kind of like how my code will hide the scrollbar when it's not needed. I'm not sure what triggers this check except a buffer change. I can scroll from short lines to long lines and see the scrollbar grow accordingly, but scrolling from long lines to short lines doesn't shrink it.

Edit: Just saw this in Scintilla's documentation:

If scroll width tracking is enabled then the scroll width is adjusted to ensure that all of the lines currently displayed can be completely scrolled. This mode never adjusts the scroll width to be narrower.
Edited by Valik

• 4 weeks later...
whatever Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

• Developers

Hi

Just checking.

I tried to download the current (25-11-2007) version of scite4autoit that's on the AutoIt download page.

But both the install(exe) and zip seems to be still returning the previous [2007.11.15] version.

Both downloads contain a 'au3.keywords.properties' file that says its for AutoIt final version 3.2.8.0.

(none cached downloads)

M.v.G

There is no new installer yet and the download page got updated by accident.... corrected now ...thanks.

I am working on a new version with an new SciTE release and updates for Tidy, Obfuscator, AutoIt3wrapper and a rewrite of the Lua scripts by Valik.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

whatever Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...