hidden text

ok,

I have a window with text, not all the data i want is retrivable using wingettext() as it always seems to miss the bottom 20% of the text (i'm assuming this is down to how the apllication works) as i really need to retrive the last few lines (ie within the 20%) i am unable to do this using wingettext(), however the text i need is always visable in the hidden text area, but I ONLY want the hidden text, is it possible to retrive only the hidden text?

thanks for all help in advance

I ONLY want the hidden text, is it possible to retrive only the hidden text?

How about you load a variable with the visible text using OPT("WinDetectHiddenText",0) then switching to OPT("WinDetectHiddenText",1) and loading a variable with all the text, then doing a compare/parse of the results to show only the hidden text?. I think it's going to involve some array work because there's a possiblilty your hidden text could come in the middle of your All text results, but I'm sure it's doable... I might have a go if I have some time later today.

• Moderators

How about you load a variable with the visible text using OPT("WinDetectHiddenText",0) then switching to OPT("WinDetectHiddenText",1) and loading a variable with all the text, then doing a compare/parse of the results to show only the hidden text?. I think it's going to involve some array work because there's a possiblilty your hidden text could come in the middle of your All text results, but I'm sure it's doable... I might have a go if I have some time later today.

In appreciation to your eagerness to help, take it from someone that has become quite bitter to help those that do nothing to help themselves. If you want to learn as you help, take this lesson, don't help until they care enough about their problem, to post all the necessary information to help them with it first.

The OP never even provided the name of the application in which he's needing help with, and decided to leave the question so broad, that the only thing that is left for us to do is chase our tales.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

In appreciation to your eagerness to help, take it from someone that has become quite bitter to help those that do nothing to help themselves. If you want to learn as you help, take this lesson, don't help until they care enough about their problem, to post all the necessary information to help them with it first.

The OP never even provided the name of the application in which he's needing help with, and decided to leave the question so broad, that the only thing that is left for us to do is chase our tales.

OK SmOke_N, point taken. I know you've been posting/helping out here longer/more than most so I shall benefit from your experience. I just found the problem as proposed somewhat challenging and so will probably work out some way of doing it if only to satisfy myself (not that I'll necessarily post it here unless/until the OP shows signs of trying on their own and providing more details) :rolleyes: