Help! Clicking the mouse buttons and keyboard to mimmic a user.

Hello,

I recently discovered Autoit which I already like very much and it suits my purpose amazingly well.

I'm attempting to write a test-script to mimic a user clicking the mouse buttons and typing at the keyboard to automatically test an application by sending ControlClick(...)'s to it (example: $ret = ControlClick("My GUI combo", "", 3, 1, 1, 189, 8)). I'm able to click on buttons, radio-buttons etc. with success; but when it comes to ComboBox and TextBox etc., I'm stuck; for example, I cannot mimmic clicking on an item in a ComboBox to select it.

Questions:

1. Using my test-script, how can I select items from a ComboBox in the application's GUI?

2. Using my test-script, how can I cut and paste text to TextBox in the application's GUI?

3. Using my test-script, how can I activate the ScrollBar?

5. Using my test-script, how can I get the key strokes into a TextBox in the application's GUI?

6. Using my test-script, how can I control the mouse wheel up and down?

Better yet, is there already an application written in Autoit that will record the mouse and keystrokes and replay them?

1000 Thanks in advanced.

~Phil

Hello,

I recently discovered Autoit which I already like very much and it suits my purpose amazingly well.

I'm attempting to write a test-script to mimic a user clicking the mouse buttons and typing at the keyboard to automatically test an application by sending ControlClick(...)'s to it (example: $ret = ControlClick("My GUI combo", "", 3, 1, 1, 189, 8)). I'm able to click on buttons, radio-buttons etc. with success; but when it comes to ComboBox and TextBox etc., I'm stuck; for example, I cannot mimmic clicking on an item in a ComboBox to select it.

Questions:

1. Using my test-script, how can I select items from a ComboBox in the application's GUI?

2. Using my test-script, how can I cut and paste text to TextBox in the application's GUI?

3. Using my test-script, how can I activate the ScrollBar?

5. Using my test-script, how can I get the key strokes into a TextBox in the application's GUI?

6. Using my test-script, how can I control the mouse wheel up and down?

Better yet, is there already an application written in Autoit that will record the mouse and keystrokes and replay them?

1000 Thanks in advanced.

~Phil

Au3recorder topic

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Hello, Martin:

Thanks for the tip.

I had to download a later version of the AutoIt to get to the Au3recorder. I tried it too and the darn thing does what I wanted. I'll beat on it some more.

~Phil

NP

I hadn't noticed till now that I answered your first post! - Welcome to the forum :rolleyes:

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.