another MSN Question

searched google and technet and drew a blank so thought id see if anyone on here has any ideas

when i first looked at autoit i picked the simple task of loging into msn as a task to script

the script runs c:\... msnmsgr.exe

waits for it to become active

sends the user name

sends the password

sends enter

what i found is that if something else is happening in the background it has a tendency to miss out bits of the username or the password

and autoit info will only give detaisl of the msn window does anyone know the control ids or any command line switches that would be usefull in this task ?

and also if there is a way to distinguish between them if you have 2 msns running ?

searched google and technet and drew a blank so thought id see if anyone on here has any ideas

when i first looked at autoit i picked the simple task of loging into msn as a task to script

the script runs c:\... msnmsgr.exe

waits for it to become active

sends the user name

sends the password

sends enter

what i found is that if something else is happening in the background it has a tendency to miss out bits of the username or the password

and autoit info will only give detaisl of the msn window does anyone know the control ids or any command line switches that would be usefull in this task ?

and also if there is a way to distinguish between them if you have 2 msns running ?

Instead of Send use ControlSend.

Maybe you could change the title of the window of one msn to make them different.( WinSetTitle).

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Instead of Send use ControlSend.

Maybe you could change the title of the window of one msn to make them different.( WinSetTitle).

to use control send i need the control names or ID's which i dont know as the info tool doesn't seem to like MSN