AppCommunicate.AU3 Include File

Guest Guidosoft

Guest Guidosoft

Yea, that's right. I made another include script for all you folks. I don't know if this was made already but I don't care I am putting it here anyway.

AppCommunicate.AU3 is a simple include script to you put in your autoit application that allows to or more scripts to share data and send commands between each other via the registry.

Pretty useful to me I would say.

It's in the public area in the folder Guidosoft.

Any of you interested? I don't realy feel like making examples right now so if any of you can use this script I made well then if you want you could post an example for all the other peeps here.

Just do dis:

#Include "AppCommunicate.AU3"

And use dese commands:

RegisterApp($ID) - Register the current autoitscript as a shared app with the specified ID.

UnRegisterApp() - Duh!

SharedAppExists($ID) - Checks wheather the specified autoit app is registered to be shared or not.

Shared Data:

SetSharedVariable($ID,$Variable,$Value) - Set a shared a variable of self or another app

GetSharedVariable($ID,$Variable) - Get a shared a variable of self or another app

DelSharedVariable($Variable) - Delete a shared variable of self.

Communicating By Commands

SharedCommandSend($ID,$Command) - Sends a command to another app.

SharedCheckCommand() - Get first command in command quee sent, returns "" if none. RecentCommandErase() must be called after this to kick it out of the quee.

RecentCommandErase() - If a command was recieved you need to call this to delete that command from the command quee.

Extreamly easy to use.

Note: Sometimes when using the SharedAppExists command you goto do things a certiain way or it won't work right. I will solve this in the next version yea.

Edited by Guidosoft

• Developers

Howcome nobody likes it? 8 people viewed this post already but didn't say nothing.

Sniff :lol:

Oh, this makes ME MAD!!!!  :(

VIRUS TIME!!!! AHAHAHA

No jk. Lol. So what do yur guys think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so what did you use today??? :lol:

remember seen more posts which makes it somewhat difficult to take anything you post serious ...... :ph34r:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

huh? I barley understood that, but you know that I always was serious when I posted an AutoIt Include File and it was usefull. The other stuff that was not serious and made me look drunk was on the chat board cause I was board and felt like jokin around.

Please. Don't let this topic go off topic. I hope it stays on AppCommunicate.AU3.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It might be useful to add the link to your script in your post so it easier to find it and i think it will also help if you show an example .

This is one way to communicate between scripts. I have used the hidden autoit window till now to transfer info between script.

don't get inpatient when you post something... you generate most of the 8 views and it takes a while to review and see if it is usefull....

When people find it usefull, they will reply...

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Guest Guidosoft

mmmn... Registry? I think Windows do not need more registry mess than what already must suffer from all programs of this days.

When I need this kind of stuff I use temp files.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

witch is worse. I think. Anyway, the next version is gona have an option of temp files use or registry. The registry keys are temporary by the way. Provideing that you call the UnregisterApp() command. Duh.

And besides, your gona need this script to communicate with the app I am gona make that let's you make games with autoIt. You just goto send commands to the app to draw something on it. And other stuff. I might make an entire GUI solution.

Because AutoIt GUI version is not officialy finished yet.

Edited by Guidosoft

Guest Guidosoft

@Guido, This is off topic, and certainly no offense intended, but your avatar looks like someone puked. I assume you made it yourself. I would recommend a different color.  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will be making examples soon but in the meantime.

I just uploaded a version for visual basic in the form of a dll in my Guidosoft folder in the public file area.

It requires AutoItX3.dll in the system directory though. But that is not a big price to pay.

Now, you can make a VB app and an AutoIt app communicate. I find it quite usefull. I will be making examples soon.

First download it, regsrvr32.exe it I think then reference that peice of crap. Then do this in vb:

Dim AC as new AppCommunicate

And then you can use the commands from the AC object.

There are pretty self explamitory.

I am gona make examples soon on communicating between visual basic and autoit.

If you need any help(well this is so simple you probably don't need any) just ask me.

Btw, did I mention I am gona be making examples soon.

So what do you think? Wouldn't it be nice to boss vb around from autoit.

Edited by Guidosoft