compileau3.exe Updated

Jos

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just uploaded CompileAU3.exe ver 0.17, included in http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/scite4au3updtable.exe and has the following updates:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brilliant!

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• Developers

Uploaded an updated http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/scite4au3updtable.exe which contains ver 0.18 of CompileAU3.exe and has the following updates:

- Fixed ICO update bug.

- Added a Compiler directive and MenuItem to run Au3Check.exe. You will be prompted to continue or stop when errors are found.

- Added error checking logic which will report found errors to the console.

I have removed the ResHacker.exe software again from the installer and made a reference to the website when compileau3.exe detect that it is missing. ( to big and not allowed to redistribute. )

Enjoy,

Example:Tidy.au3 source and the menu shown

#Region Compiler directives section 
;** This is a list of compiler directives used by CompileAU3.exe.
;** comment the lines you don't need or else it will override the default settings
#Compiler_Prompt=y 
;** AUT2EXE settings
#Compiler_AUT2EXE=C:\WINUTIL\AutoIt3\au3beta\aut2exe.exe
#Compiler_Icon=tidy.ico
#Compiler_Compression=2
#Compiler_Allow_Decompile=y
;#Compiler_PassPhrase= 
;** Target program Resource info
#Compiler_Res_Comment=Tidy your AutoIt3 scripts. Cleanup indentation, Proper case for Functions/Keywords/Variables and more.
#Compiler_Res_Description=Tidy your AutoIt3 scripts.
#Compiler_Res_Fileversion=1.0.22
#Compiler_Res_LegalCopyright=JoSoft
#Compiler_Res_Field1Name=Made By 
#Compiler_Res_Field1Value=Jos van der Zande
#Compiler_Res_Field2Name=Email
#Compiler_res_Field2Value=jdeb@autoitscript.com
#Compiler_Run_AU3Check=y        
#Compiler_Run_Before=           
#Compiler_Run_After=            
#EndRegion

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/test/compileau3.png

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/test/compileau3_2.png

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/test/compileau3_3.png

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Uploaded an updated http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/scite4au3updtable.exe which contains ver 0.18 of CompileAU3.exe and has the following updates:

- Fixed ICO update bug.

- Added a Compiler directive and MenuItem to run Au3Check.exe. You will be prompted to continue or stop when errors are found.

- Added error checking logic which will report found errors to the console.

I have removed the ResHacker.exe software again from the installer and made a reference to the website when compileau3.exe detect that it is missing. ( to big and not allowed to redistribute. )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I ran au3check manually and found no errors, yet when I run it with compileau3 it says there were errors.

Also, I get these errors:

Z:\tools\autoit\AIMProxy\ChangeProxy.au3(1) : ERROR: aut2exe.exe not found:

==> Changing to default AUT2EXE.exe : C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe

It's looking there in the first place! I can browse to it and select it in the dialog, and that's where the compiler directive states it should be

>AU3Check Ended  rc:1

RC.Exe (1) : Error : Resources information will not be updated in target program!

I just don't know what that means.

• Developers

I ran au3check manually and found no errors, yet when I run it with compileau3 it says there were errors.

Also, I get these errors:

It's looking there in the first place!  I can browse to it and select it in the dialog, and that's where the compiler directive states it should be

I just don't know what that means.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

emmanuel,

CompileAU3 runs '..\au3check\au3check.exe' relative to its own directory.. is that the one r\you ran manually ?

Did it display any errors in the outputpane ?

Could you post your #Compiler_??? statements if the next assumption is incorrect.

I think that the first error indicates that you have an empty compiler directive like:

#Compiler_AUT2EXE =
Because it should tell you FROM what it changes it like:

Z:\tools\autoit\AIMProxy\ChangeProxy.au3(1) : ERROR: aut2exe.exe not found:

C:\not_there\aut2.exe  ==> Changing to default AUT2EXE.exe : C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe

And about the rc error: This means that the rc compiler has generated errors, this normally happens when you don't use a valid FileVersion information like " Ver 1.0"... only numbers with this format are allowed: 0.0.0.0 .

Are you running WinXP or Win9x? With Win9?, the RC errors are shown at the top of the Outputpane. Dunno yet how this can be avoided.

EDIT: Fixed typo's

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded an updated http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/scite4au3updtable.exe which contains ver 0.19 of CompileAU3.exe and has the following updates:

Added FileVersion check to ensure it has the proper numeric format like: 0.0.0.0

It doesn't need all subversion info: 0.1 also works. The AUT2EXE fileversion is used when an invalid fileversion is specified and its reported to the console.

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have a problem with compileau3. When I compile a script without, the filename comes out in 8.3 notation. I traced the error back to the registry, and if you change

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAu3.exe /in "%1"

to

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAu3.exe /in "%l"

in

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Compile with Options\Command

(difference is "one" to "L" as in Larry)

then it works fine. Please update this info.

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

• Developers

I have a problem with compileau3. When I compile a script without, the filename comes out in 8.3 notation. I traced the error back to the registry, and if you change

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAu3.exe /in "%1"

to

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAu3.exe /in "%l"

in

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Compile with Options\Command

(difference is "one" to "L" as in Larry)

then it works fine. Please update this info.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will update in the next installer version... tnx

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Please also update the following:

$RC = RunWait($INP_Run_After)

to

$RC = RunWait($INP_Run_After, $LSCRIPTDIR)

Another thing, Can you add an option to be able to do the following:

#Compiler_Run_After=test.au3

to internally launch $autoitpath & '"' & $scriptpath & '\test.au3"'

instead of

#Compiler_Run_After=C:\blablabla\autoit.exe "G:\test.au3"

I also request the following for running external au3 scripts:

make a copy of the script in the temp folder.

replace the following in the temp script:

@ScriptDir - path of script to be compiled

@ScriptName - obvious

@ScriptFullPath - ditto

add a line to the top of the temp script FileChangeDir({compiled script dir}) to fix @WorkingDir

in #Compiler_Icon, could an option to replace %iconpath% with "C:\program files\autoit3\Aut2Exe\Icons" [or whatever it is on their computer] be added to the compiler?

For errors on au3check before compile, could you make the icon the triangle instead of the x? The reason I ask is because I often use bleeding-edge functions and stuff like @exitcode that cause errors, but when the x is used, the sound made is different and more upsetting. It kinda messes you up.

On au3check, could you pipe the output to a textfile, and if the user decides not to compile because of errors, show the text file automatically?

I know I ask a lot, and sometimes the question sounds silly, but I need nearly every one of these changes for my scripts. Thanks.

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

i still have this problem----ICON

error info:

>C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe /in "C:\Documents and Settings\user\桌面\AutoVoter v2.0.au3"

C:\Documents and Settings\user\桌面\AutoVoter v2.0.au3(1) : ERROR: aut2exe.exe not found:

==> Changing to default AUT2EXE.exe : C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\Aut2Exe.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\user\桌面\AutoVoter v2.0.au3(1) : ERROR: Icon not found:

C:\Documents and Settings\user\桌面\ ==> Changing to default ICON.

>RC.exe ended with rc:0

>ResHacker.exe ended with rc:0

>Aut2exe.exe ended with rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 26.338

btw, just downloaded the latest update to scite...

Here's my #compiler_ statements:

#Region Compiler directives section
;** This is a list of compiler directives used by CompileAU3.exe.
;** comment the lines you don't need or else it will override the default settings
#Compiler_Prompt = n                               ;y=show compile menu  
;** AUT2EXE settings
;#Compiler_AUT2EXE=d:\AutoIt3\au3beta\aut2exe.exe ;Override the default compiler with this version.
#Compiler_Icon = \\sgendstx\clntadm_traders\tools\autoit\icons\misc\Point.ico;Full Path/filename to the Ico to use
#Compiler_Compression = 4                          ;Compression parameter 0-4  0=Low 2=normal 4=High
#Compiler_Allow_Decompile = n                      ;y= allow decompile
;#Compiler_PassPhrase=                           ;Password to use for compilation
;** Target program Resource info
#Compiler_Res_Comment = Change AIM Proxy To PSE standard For current user.
#Compiler_Res_Description =
#Compiler_Res_Fileversion = 0.1                   ;File Version
#Compiler_Res_LegalCopyright = Puget Sound Energy
#Compiler_Res_Field1Name = Created By              ;Free format fieldname 1 (could be used for Copyright/Company/Programmer etc
#Compiler_Res_Field1Value = Emmanuel Pleshe      ;Free format fieldvalue 1
#Compiler_Res_Field2Name = Email                   ;Free format fieldname 2
#Compiler_Res_Field2Value = Emmanuel.Pleshe@pse.com;Free format fieldvalue 2
#EndRegion

I don't have #Compiler_AUT2EXE defined at all. By manually running checkau3 I meant hitting ctrl-f5, so they should both be using the same thing, I'm using standard install paths for all of this.

emmanuel,

CompileAU3 runs '..\au3check\au3check.exe' relative to its own directory.. is that the one r\you ran manually ? 

Did it display any errors in the outputpane ?

Could you post your #Compiler_???  statements if the next assumption is incorrect.

I think that the first error indicates that you have an empty compiler directive like:

#Compiler_AUT2EXE =
Because it should tell you FROM what it changes it like:

And about the rc error: This means that the rc compiler has generated errors, this normally happens when you don't use a valid FileVersion information like " Ver 1.0"... only numbers with this format are allowed: 0.0.0.0 .

Are you running WinXP or Win9x? With Win9?, the RC errors are shown at the top of the Outputpane. Dunno yet how this can be avoided.

EDIT: Fixed typo's

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Developers

Please also update the following:

$RC = RunWait($INP_Run_After)

to

$RC = RunWait($INP_Run_After, $LSCRIPTDIR)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure about this one... why would the source script dir make sence here? Seems to me that the EXE dir makes more sence if we prefer to put one in. agree ?

Another thing, Can you add an option to be able to do the following:

to internally launch $autoitpath & '"' & $scriptpath & '\test.au3"'

instead of

#Compiler_Run_After=C:\blablabla\autoit.exe "G:\test.au3"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do any hard coding in the program for this? I like to avoid doing these kind of specials when it can easily done outside of the program.

I also request the following for running external au3 scripts:

make a copy of the script in the temp folder.

replace the following in the temp script:

@ScriptDir - path of script to be compiled

@ScriptName - obvious

@ScriptFullPath - ditto

add a line to the top of the temp script FileChangeDir({compiled script dir}) to fix @WorkingDir

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I lost you on this one, are you actually asking me to do find/replace stuff in the script being processed ? Why not do that in a script you develop in the way you want it and can maintain it and just run in before compile ?

What i could do in the Compileau3 is to make it possible that you can specify on the commandline something like %Source% which would be replaced by the sourcescript filename and %Target% with the target executable name. this would give you the flexability to develeop you own preprocessor script. Would that help you ?

in #Compiler_Icon, could an option to replace %iconpath% with "C:\program files\autoit3\Aut2Exe\Icons" [or whatever it is on their computer] be added to the compiler?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, i can do this. another idea could be that when you just specify a filename without a path, Compileau3 first check the source dir if the file exists, if not then checks the standard aut2exe dir? either way is fine with me.

For errors on au3check before compile, could you make the icon the triangle instead of the x? The reason I ask is because I often use bleeding-edge functions and stuff like @exitcode that cause errors, but when the x is used, the sound made is different and more upsetting. It kinda messes you up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe rc=1 should show a Triangle, since thats a warning condition from au3check and RC=2 an X since that are hard errors ?

On au3check, could you pipe the output to a textfile, and if the user decides not to compile because of errors, show the text file automatically?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well lets re-think this one... my main goal is to have things integrated in Scite. The script reports all errors to STDOUT so they show up in the SciTe's output Pane. I don't want to have a msgbox popping up when doing a Ctrl+F7 an also see the errors in the output pane. I could make it an Compiler directive to report the errors to a msgbox in stead of to stdout ... would that be an option ?

I know I ask a lot, and sometimes the question sounds silly, but I need nearly every one of these changes for my scripts. Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not problem... i like people expressing their ideas/thought etc, and have no problem impementing when its helpfull for me and others.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

(1) I need to run programs in the script dir without spcifying the script directory. Example: "ftp.exe -s:ftp.txt" where ftp.txt is in the script dir, not in the application dir.

(2) I don't want hard coding. That is exactly what i am trying to avoid in each and every script. I want to specify an autoit script and let the compiler decide where the autoit.exe is. I don't want to have to hard code the path to autoit in each and every script just to run an au3 file in the same dir as the script to be compiled.

(3) No. I am asking you to do a find-replace in the runbefore and runafter scripts.

(4) Perfect. I like your idea better.

(5) Not exactly. If I use the @ExitCode macro, then it generates a hard error, therefore I still need the triangle on both instances. Either that or have you update the defs manually before uploading them to add in the non-documented stuff that I use.

(6) Msgbox is fine.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Who else would I be?

• Developers

(1) I need to run programs in the script dir without spcifying the script directory. Example: "ftp.exe -s:ftp.txt" where ftp.txt is in the script dir, not in the application dir.

(2) I don't want hard coding. That is exactly what i am trying to avoid in each and every script. I want to specify an autoit script and let the compiler decide where the autoit.exe is. I don't want to have to hard code the path to autoit in each and every script just to run an au3 file in the same dir as the script to be compiled.

(3) No. I am asking you to do a find-replace in the runbefore and runafter scripts.

(4) Perfect. I like your idea better.

(5) Not exactly. If I use the @ExitCode macro, then it generates a hard error, therefore I still need the triangle on both instances. Either that or have you update the defs manually before uploading them to add in the non-documented stuff that I use.

(6) Msgbox is fine.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1/2/3: If i would make it so that you can specify these on the commandline for the before and after (like i mentioned) :

%source% translates to Scriptsource

%exe% translates to target executable

%icon% changes to the icon

Then you would be able to write your own scripts doing all the things your are asking ... right ?

I cannot see your requirements being something others, me included, will use . So i would be happy to provide all the variable you need on the commandline so you can write your own preprocessor script

(4) will make this change for the next release.

(5) Sorry, but i don't understand what you mean here. i thought we were talking about the msgbox Icon shown when there is a au3check error...

Pls explain.

(6) Will add an Compiler directive to report the errors in a msgbox in the next release.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

(answer 1)This does not help out on (2). I need to specify a script to run WITHOUT specifying the location of autoit.

See, I want to put this in my script:

NOT This:

#Compiler_Run_After=C:\Proogram Files\Autoit3\autoit3.exe "G:\myau3scripts\test.au3"

If I have to put this:

#Compiler_Run_After=C:\Proogram Files\Autoit3\autoit3.exe "G:\myau3scripts\test.au3"

then if the path to autoit changes, it is hardcoded into the script, and it fails. NOT good. NOT what I want.

(3) I am asking for this because it would be simpler to do the following:

Internal workings of compileau3.exe will recognise an au3 script is specified, copy to the temp dir and do the following:

replace all macros beginning with @script... with their hard-coded equivalents in the temp file

run @programfilesdir & 'autoit3\autoit3.exe "' & @tempdir & '\' & $randomtempname.tmp & '"'

since the replacements are done on the temp file, the following is true:

Contents of test.au3:

msgbox(0,"",@scriptfullpath)

will translate into

msgbox(0,"","G:\myautoitscripts\scriptbeingcompiled.au3")

Note: this will be infinitely clearer in the following code I use as a wrapper now:

If $cmdline[0] <> 0 Then
    $pth = StringLeft($cmdline[1], StringInStr($cmdline[1], "\", 0, -1) - 1)
    $ext = StringTrimLeft($cmdline[1], StringInStr($cmdline[1], ".", 0, -1))
    $flnm = StringTrimRight(StringTrimLeft($cmdline[1], StringLen($pth) + 1), StringLen($ext) + 1)
    $au3path = StringLeft(@ScriptDir, StringInStr(@ScriptDir, "\", 0, -1) - 1)
    $au3 = $au3path & "\AutoIt3.exe"
    FileChangeDir($pth)
    $cmdln = ""    
    $srcfile = FileOpen($cmdline[1], 0)
    $fl1 = rdm()
    $fl2 = rdm()
    $beforecompile = FileOpen(@TempDir & "\" & $fl1, 2)
    $aftercompile = FileOpen(@TempDir & "\" & $fl2, 2)
    FileWriteLine($beforecompile, 'FileChangeDir("' & $pth & '")' & @CRLF)
    FileWriteLine($aftercompile, 'FileChangeDir("' & $pth & '")' & @CRLF)
    $outfile = ""
    $icon = ""
    $pass = ""
    $write = 0
    While 1
        $line = FileReadLine($srcfile)
        If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
        If $line = "#beforecompile" Then
            $write = 1
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf
        If $line = "#aftercompile" Then
            $write = 2
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf
        If $line = "#endbeforecompile" Or $line = "#endaftercompile" Then
            $write = 0
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf
        if StringInStr($line, "#compile_icon:") Then $icon = StringTrimLeft($line, 14)
        if StringInStr($line, "#compile_pass:") Then $pass = StringTrimLeft($line, 14)
        if StringInStr($line, "#compile_name:") Then $outfile = StringTrimLeft($line, 14)
        $line = StringReplace($line, "@ScriptDir", '"' & $pth & '"')
        $line = StringReplace($line, "@ScriptName", '"' & $flnm & '.' & $ext & '"')
        $line = StringReplace($line, "@ScriptFullPath", '"' & $pth & '\' & $flnm & '.' & $ext & '"')
        If $write = 1 Then
            FileWriteLine($beforecompile, $line & @CRLF)
        EndIf
        If $write = 2 Then
            FileWriteLine($aftercompile, $line & @CRLF)
        EndIf
    Wend
    If $outfile <> "" Then $cmdln = $cmdln & ' /out "' & $outfile & '"'
    $icon = StringReplace($icon, "%iconpath%", $au3path & "\Aut2Exe\Icons")
    If FileExists($icon) Then $cmdln = $cmdln & ' /icon "' & $icon & '"'
    If $pass <> "" Then $cmdln = $cmdln & ' /pass "' & $pass & '"'

FileClose($beforecompile)
    FileClose($aftercompile)
    FileClose($srcfile)
    RunWait($au3 & ' "' & @TempDir & '\' & $fl1 & '"')
    RunWait(@ScriptDir & '\aut2exe.exe /in "' & $cmdline[1] & '"' & $cmdln, $pth)
    RunWait($au3 & ' "' & @TempDir & '\' & $fl2 & '"')
    FileDelete(@TempDir & "\" & $fl1)
    FileDelete(@TempDir & "\" & $fl2)
Else
    MsgBox(16, "Au32Exe Enhancement", "To use, right click any autoit script and select compile or drag the script to the executable.")
EndIf

func rdm()
    return Int(Random(1000000, 9999999))
EndFunc

comprende?

(5) If I use @exitcode in a script, au3check generates RC=2, therefore I need the triangle no matter what error is created from au3check.

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

• Developers

(answer 1)This does not help out on (2). I need to specify a script to run WITHOUT specifying the location of autoit.

See, I want to put this in my script:

NOT This:

If I have to put this:

then if the path to autoit changes, it is hardcoded into the script, and it fails. NOT good. NOT what I want.

(3) I am asking for this because it would be simpler to do the following:

Internal workings of compileau3.exe will recognise an au3 script is specified, copy to the temp dir and do the following:

replace all macros beginning with @script... with their hard-coded equivalents in the temp file

run @programfilesdir & 'autoit3\autoit3.exe "' & @tempdir & '\' & $randomtempname.tmp & '"'

since the replacements are done on the temp file, the following is true:

Contents of test.au3:

msgbox(0,"",@scriptfullpath)

will translate into

msgbox(0,"","G:\myautoitscripts\scriptbeingcompiled.au3")

comprende?

I understand but i don't have any intentions at this moment to put support in it for this since i cannot see the general use of it by others than you. I think you could write a script of your own to facilitate this or take compileau3.au3 and make the changes for yourself as you see fit.

(5) If I use @exitcode in a script, au3check generates RC=2, therefore I need the triangle no matter what error is created from au3check.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It makes sence to have the script report a warning at level 1 and Error at level 2. Thats how au3check is designed. I understand you want to handle things in a different way and i don't have any issue with that. Just take the source and customize it to your needs.

For the next release, I plan to have a couple of variables available on the command that will be subtituted with the proper values like proposed.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded an updated http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/scite4au3updtable.exe which contains ver 0.20 of CompileAU3.exe and has the following updates:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9/29/2004
*** CompileAU3.EXE  ver 0.20:
    - Fixed bug when special character in @tempdir path.
    - Fixed bug with ICON not properly updating from the GUI.
    - Added status window to report AU3check errors in the warning window.(only for WIN2K/WinXP)
    - Added Variables for the run_before and Run_After commandline:
    ; Commands to run before or after the au3check/compile programs they can contain the following variables:
    ; %in% which is replaced by the "fullpath\script.au3"
    ; %out% which is replaced by the "fullpath\script.exe"
    ; %icon% which is replaced by the "fullpath\Icon.ico"
    ; e.g copy compiled program to target dir:
      #Compiler_Run_After = xcopy "%out%" "C:\program files\script\*.*" /y
    - Added check for FileVersion info to avoid RC failures.
    - Fixed %1=>%l for the right-mouse-click "Compile with Options" selection.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy,

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.