Python Include Statements

I am making a script that does some internet navigation in python and am using AutoIT as such:

from win32com.client import Dispatch

Auto = Dispatch("AutoItX3.Control")

Auto._IECreate("www.google.com")

However, it doesn't work because I need the python equivalent of #include <IE.au3>

How do I do this include statement in Python or is there something I am missing?

Thanks

I am making a script that does some internet navigation in python and am using AutoIT as such:

from win32com.client import Dispatch

Auto = Dispatch("AutoItX3.Control")

Auto._IECreate("www.google.com")

However, it doesn't work because I need the python equivalent of #include <IE.au3>

How do I do this include statement in Python or is there something I am missing?

Thanks

There is a separate forum for this type of issue: ActiveX/COM Help and Support (AutoItX)

I'm not an expert (see that other forum for those who are), but I don't think there is such a thing. An include file is just a list of native AutoIt commands and variable constants. They don't add anything to the functionality of AutoIt.exe itself, which would be called a "plug-in" if it did. What you would have to do is translate the _IECreate() function into a Python function, and call the native AutoIt functions via AutoItX from in there.

In the more complex case where a UDF contains an include for another UDF, you would have to keep working your way down the tree with Python functions until you got to the native AutoIt calls.

At least, I think that's how it works... :whistle:

Edit: Typos

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law