Questions

big_gie

Hi,

Just found out the powerfull help autoit can give :whistle:

I found out some problem though...

With InnoSetup installation (like ConTEXT http://www.fixedsys.com/context/ or UltraISO http://www.ultraiso.com/) the "AutoIT Reveal Mode" reveal the good Window Title, but the Window Text doesn't work well... I can see ALL possible text of all the different window... Just try it you'll see... could there be a work around for this? (as I think it is a InnoSetup problem...)

Exemple (with ConTEXT setup):

>>>> Window Text <<<<
Cancel
&Next >
Welcome
Main
SelectProgramGroup
SelectComponents
SelectDir

It should only contain cancel and next. No Main, no SelectProgramGroup, no SelectComponents of SelectDir...

Secondly, why isn't there a variable inside AutoIt that contains the script path? and does it support relative path? "." and ".." path?

And also... is there a way to give the focus to a specific window? sending keys to the wrong window is a pain... something like:

IfWinExist, Mozilla Firebird - google.ca, , GiveFocus, Mozilla Firebird - google.ca

What do you think?

I think this is what I have to say...B)

thank you very much.

Edited by big_gie

try %A_SCRIPTDIR%

and last I checked, "." and ".." work

Its working. tanks B)

AutoIt3 is a bit better, but use this for now...

WinWait,wintitle,wintext

IfWinNotActive,wintitle,wintext,WinActivate,wintitle,wintext

WinWaitActive,wintitle,wintext

also you may want to use the "timeout" feature + %errorlevel% check on WinWaits so your script doesn't 'hang' forever...

:whistle:

[EDIT]

Also, if you check in the files section of http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AutoItList/ there is 1 tidbit (#include) called SendTowindow.aut (or similar) that essentially does the above 3 window functions before every character that is sent to a window...

Good one, tanks :angry:

Is SendToWindow uses the "timeout" and "errorlevel" you were talkin? If not how can I put it in the script?

Some text in a window is hidden. AutoIt can see it if DetectHiddenText is set...

The problem is in the "AutoIt Reveal Mode". It reveals ALL the text, and not only the one in the window...

When running the setup and reveal mode, I get:

>>>> Window Text <<<<
Cancel
&Next >
< &Back
Main
SelectDir
D:\ConTEXT
License
I &do not accept the agreement
I &accept the agreement
SelectProgramGroup
SelectComponents
Welcome

As you can see, I cannot "detect" at witch step the setup is as all the text is present even on the first screen...

tank you very much :evil:

If the visible text does not change, look at /reveal to see if the hidden text changes.

Where can I see the "hidden text"? Is it the

>>>> Window Text <<<<

/reveal's section?

If it is, then thats the problem... This section doesn't change thru setup...

Yes it does change. Well like a normal setup, each screen is different.

So what you are trying to tell me is that I do not have to look at the "/reveal" window for the <Window Text> parameters? That what I need for <Window Text> is everything I can see on the setup screen?

And the >>>> Window Text <<<< /reveal's section is the "hidden text"?

Is what I just understand right? :whistle:

Is v3 really better?

When say "all text", you mean that if I can't see it in /reveal, I cannot use it?

Because the setup screen has some text like ""Were should UltraISO be installed?" but I cannot see this string in /reveal... does it mean I cannot use it?