Back-up script question

JTT

Hello all,

I have made an Windows Batchscript wich copys a dir to a networkshare, when the network share is not available it copys it to a local directory.

I want to script this in Autoit because of it progress bar capabilities. Is there yet a script wich does this already?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by JTT

Well, you could take a look at FileMove() and Progress functions.

PS: Tell me your name (Just in time) doesnt say you need to make this quickly!

It's JTT not JIT
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Hello all,

I have made an Windows Batchscript wich copys a dir to a networkshare, when the network share is not available it copys it to a local directory.

I want to script this in Autoit because of it progress bar capabilities. Is there yet a script wich does this already?

Thanks for your help.

Take a look at this and see if you can use any of it.

Use the config program first!

Backup.au3

BackupConfig.au3

@all

There is no need to have a script run. This is standard windows functionality.

Called -> Offline Folders.

And if this doesn't make you happy.

Use the free SyncToy from MS.

Regards,

Patrick

That doesnt work for *.pst files (Microsoft Outlook).

• 1 month later...

That doesnt work for *.pst files (Microsoft Outlook).

If you use VSS under XP or later, you can do it. By the way did anyone tried to use VSSCordinator COM object for this under Autoit?

I've also found this nice utility called HoboCopy that can do the trick (also using VSS): http://www.pluralsight.com/blogs/craig/arc...9/20/38362.aspx

[topic="51913"]Restrict USB Storage usage to group membership[/topic] * [topic="48699"]Using nircmd library[/topic] * Some admin notes