How can I have multiple "Pages" in one GUI?

Maxpilot

Hi,

I'm new to AutoIt and I want to make a program where someone can push several buttons to control external devices that are connected over serial connection (COM Ports). The GUI should be a window with several "pages", where the user has one area with buttons to switch between these pages. These buttons shoud be visible all the time. The second area of the window should change dependent on which "main button" is pressed. After reading several tutorials and some scripts I see these solutions:

1. A GUI with Tabs. Thats not ideal, because the user should use a touchscreen and for this the tabs are not big enough.

2. A GUI where I show and hide the controls. Seems not to be a smart solution to me, where complexity rises with number of "pages" and buttons per page.

3. Multiple Windows (GUIs). Again - seems not ideal to me.

Is there another solution, perhaps somehow with using client windows? Is it possible to have client windows as an area of the main GUI? And to show and hide them at once with all controls?

If the tabs are not big enough, you can make them bigger by sending TCM_SETITEMSIZE message.

For a handy way of doing it, see _Tab_SetItemSize in Auto3Lib.

"be smart, drink your wine"

Look at GUICtrlCreateTab() and GUICtrlCreateTabItem().

Also look at Koda.

Hi Zedna,

thanks for your answer. I can not use tabs, because the tabs are not so good to select them with one finger on the screen (touchscreen), they are just too small to hit them reliably. Also I have a look at koda which is a very fine tool but I cannot create (at least I didn't find out how) child windows (forms in a form) with it.

Greetings,

Maxpilot

If the tabs are not big enough, you can make them bigger by sending TCM_SETITEMSIZE message.

For a handy way of doing it, see _Tab_SetItemSize in Auto3Lib.

Great, thanks, that could do it. Example looks good, I'll have a closer look at that.

Greetings

Maxpilot