Ay-eye-Pad

sandman

AIPad  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Tabs : Top or Bottom?

• Keep them at the bottom!
    • I like the conventional top style better.
  2. 2. Do you think this should literally replace notepad (overwriting the file)?

• Yes, just back up the original Notepad, of course.
    • No, I'd rather have it as just an alternative.
  3. 3. Sacrifice showing hotkeys in menus for icons?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have a look at these. Let me know if you don't like and we can do another...

Icon

Very nice, but the project's name is AIPad :)

That may be okay, as AIPad can't really by broken like Ay Eye Pad. I've changed the name, I actually like AyEyePad better ;)

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

Very nice, but the project's name is AIPad :)

That may be okay, as AIPad can't really by broken like Ay Eye Pad. I've changed the name, I actually like AyEyePad better ;)

Your call... Say the word and I can change, no biggie, just give me specifics.. LOL

No it is okay, really :)

I actually discovered, after finishing the second version using the name AIPad, that there is a photography convention that goes by the same name and apparently gets a lot of hype. Just my luck, huh?

So I was thinking before this about changing the name to get higher on the search results. The name change will come with the 2.0 release (and this is cool - anyone even not using 2.0 that downloads a language file will also see AyEyePad ;) )

Edit: Didn't see that new one.. you think you could squeeze AyEyePad on there?

Edit2: 1,001th post!!!!!!!!

Edited by sandman

[center]"Yes, [our app] runs on Windows as well as Linux, but if you had a Picasso painting, would you put it in the bathroom?" -BitchX.com (IRC client)"I would change the world, but they won't give me the source code." -Unknownsite . blog . portfolio . claimidcode.is.poetry();[/center]

I downloaded the .exe file. A few things I noticed:

• I clicked on 'save' and then cancelled. The name of the active tab changes to ' . '
  • Changing the default font doesn't work here (Win2000, SP4)*
  • I don't know what I did.. but at a certain moment, I couldn't close any tab. It kept saying 'You can't close your last tab' when I had three.
  • I go to Insert-->Special character. Double-clicking works great, but if I drag and drop them, I get the 'Open file' dialog. I click cancel and it crashes showing 'line -1: Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.' Same thing happens if I try to open a text file from that dialog.
(*)oops. Apparently it will apply after restarting the program. My bad. Still, would be cool if it'd make the changes without having to restart AiPad. Edited by Nahuel

Lol, but I'm not planning to implement syntax highlighting anytime soon. :) Trying to keep it nice and simple here.

Hey, how r things going on development? Did ya see I updated post #107 above with the icon and logo? Also, I have some more text case stuff for Ay-Eye-Pad look here have proper and reverse to add to your lower and upper case..

I'm currently trying to get a method for writing Unicode to a file. Any help would be appreciated, this is pretty much the last step before the release as many people (141 according to SourceForge) have downloaded the extremely buggy 1.1.6 version, and that will start to give AyeEyePad a bad name. I want to get this release out very soon, this is the last stop. :)

YES!! Unicode support added. Expect a release by Sunday at most.

Uh oh.. ran into some troubles with the SVN while changing all the names to AyEyePad... hopefully will still be out by tonight though.