firefox... is there any way to automate it?

Brickoneer

Hey, I'm writing a script that automates an online game, but a majority of players use firefox. Is there any way to use the IE functions with firefox? Or am I stuck with basic send commands, mouse movements and pixel searches? Or is there something else that is firefox compatible?

Thanks for your time!

Brick

Many mmorpg/mmog gamese are written in PHP... an example: here

Anyway... there currently isn't anything that gives the same level of control for FF as the IE functions (for IE) is there?

Thanks,

Brick

No. Firefox does not expose a COM interface to its objects the way IE does. IE people feel that exposure makes it easier to script and automate things, which is true. Firefox people feel it opens many security holes and invites malicious exploitation, which is also true.

To automate things in Firefox, you will have to do it "from the inside" by extensions, widgets, and addons inside Firefox itself written in XUL.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 2 months later...

I know its a bit strange to post...

But i found that some German people made a Firefox include file to control it, you just install an add-on and the include the file and then you can control firefox!

Heres the link: http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&am...1ec51575e60a484

It is google translated

I am not English... But that matters nothing, I'm Dutch and i SPEAK English so it doesnt matter :P

Hello 'Brickoneer',

For automating FireFox, I would suggest the following:

FireWATiR is an implementation of WATiR ( Web Application Testing in Ruby ) for FireFox. According to one of the authors of WATiR, the path FireWatir has taken has been very divergent; your mileage may vary.

The other is Selenium. From the OpenQA page you can download several different flavors of Selenium. Try Selenium IDE first. It provides a FireFox extension that gives you record-and-playback functionality. From there, you can save your tests/automations in Selenese, HTML, Ruby, C#, Java, etc. I highly recommend this be your first stop.

Zach...

Edited by zfisherdrums