unusual selection behaviour of list control

Rozek

Hello!

As I could not find an answer myself, neither in the online-help nor in this forum, I'll try my luck with this posting:

a list control built with

GUICtrlCreateList("", ..., BitOR($LBS_SORT,$LBS_MULTIPLESEL,$WS_BORDER))

and then filled with multiple items does not behave as "usual" when clicking into it:

• clicking multiple times (but not too fast) on the same item toggles its selection (that's ok);
  • clicking on an item (with another one already beeing selected) selects the new item even if neither the Ctrl nor the Shift key is pressed simultaneously). Especially, the old item is not deselected;
  • clicking on an item (with another one already beeing selected) while depressing the Shift key only selects the new item even and not also those between the first and the new item.
How can I achieve standard selection behaviour of list controls?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Andreas Rozek

Edited by Rozek

$LBS_MULTIPLESEL does what it's supposed to do (select/deselect multiple items one by one with single mouse clicks, no advanced keyboard features). You probably want $LBS_EXTENDEDSEL (0x800).

Edited by Siao

"be smart, drink your wine"

Great!

Thanks - in fact, I already tried $LBS_EXTENDEDSEL as it is offered by Koda (which I use to design my user interface - it's a marvelous tool!) but as it is not (yet) defined by AutoIt, I did not follow that path any further.

Thanks a lot!

Andreas Rozek