Compiled Icon Not Displaying Correctly on InputBoxes

staringmonkey

Hey all, longtime lurker here. I've been using AutoIt at my workplace for sometime now and have finally come to the point where I'm going to be rolling some applications out to other users. As such, I'm trying to put the most professional face possible on my machinations and part of that has been building in some nice looking icons. I've run into one problem today, which is that when I compile in my icon, it will display correctly on any window that I build out with GUICreate() and also as the program executable (I'm not using any tray icon), but when using the generic InputBox, the corner icon is munged, as though it were trying to use the 32x32 version of the icon and being forced to scale it down. I've included a slew of sizes and bit-depths in the icon file thats being compiled in and the icons on my programmed GUI's look right. Any particular reason why the InputBox wouldn't be using the correct icon and how I might remedy that? (I know that I can always make my own InputBox if I have to, but I'd prefer this work as it intuitively should.)

Thanks,

SM

Compile the following script with the attached icon, or one of your own if you have one handy:

CODE
; Includes

#include <GUIConstants.au3>

#include <GUIEdit.au3>

GUICreate("This icon is fine.")

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

InputBox("This icon is wrong.", "Yes, it is.")

I also noticed while I was putting together this example that AutoIt's default icon is different for the InputBox as well (and, likewise, looks worse), but I'm not sure what to puzzle out of that.

Ok, after looking into the AutoIt default icon set, it looks like the InputBox simply defaults to a higher res icon than it should. The lower res icons do not include the little "hook" in the upper right corner, which is on the InputBox icon. I'm tempted to call this a bug, though its really just a question of aesthetics. If nobody can show me a good reason not to, I'll probably file a bug report just for the sake of consistency with Windows interface.

Ok, after looking into the AutoIt default icon set, it looks like the InputBox simply defaults to a higher res icon than it should. The lower res icons do not include the little "hook" in the upper right corner, which is on the InputBox icon. I'm tempted to call this a bug, though its really just a question of aesthetics. If nobody can show me a good reason not to, I'll probably file a bug report just for the sake of consistency with Windows interface.

Have you tested in a win98 environment? I suspect any lower res defaults may be legacy code designed to ensure operability on pre w2k systems....

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.