ie application analysis

Hi,

i've been searching for 30 minutes now in the forum and i cant find any solution...

Maybe it's because of my bad searches in the forum.

Here is the thing.

I'm developping an IE application, which connects to unix servers to launch some commands.

The fact is the application is slow and depends on the network i'm connected to and the computer.

I can launch an automatic test with autoit (using IE.au3 and some good advices of DaleHohm) to analyze the overhaul timing.

Now, i'd like to know the time spent in IE (windows side), the network side, and the response side.

In another words, the time may be divided in :

- click to launch command through IE.

- time of IE to launch command,

- time/network to reach UNIX,

- time for unix to answer back (so i know the treatment time of unix)

- time/network for IE to get the answer,

- time to refresh IE page.

I know there are tool such as ethereal (/wireshark) and netstat, but i'm not familiar with them (too complex for my request ?)

Is autoit suited for this kind of request ?

do i have to stick with other applications in the same time of my ie automatic test (in this case i'll have to make them communicate ...)

Thanks in advance.

Pook

Hi,

i've been searching for 30 minutes now in the forum and i cant find any solution...

Maybe it's because of my bad searches in the forum.

Here is the thing.

I'm developping an IE application, which connects to unix servers to launch some commands.

The fact is the application is slow and depends on the network i'm connected to and the computer.

I can launch an automatic test with autoit (using IE.au3 and some good advices of DaleHohm) to analyze the overhaul timing.

Now, i'd like to know the time spent in IE (windows side), the network side, and the response side.

In another words, the time may be divided in :

- click to launch command through IE.

- time of IE to launch command,

- time/network to reach UNIX,

- time for unix to answer back (so i know the treatment time of unix)

- time/network for IE to get the answer,

- time to refresh IE page.

I know there are tool such as ethereal (/wireshark) and netstat, but i'm not familiar with them (too complex for my request ?)

Is autoit suited for this kind of request ?

do i have to stick with other applications in the same time of my ie automatic test (in this case i'll have to make them communicate ...)

Thanks in advance.

Pook

Looks to me like you just need TimerInit and TimerDiff.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.