Random Line?

Nope, none at all. Its not like this is a scripting language capable of advanced tasks or anything.

Honestly, was this "Ask question before thinking" day? I've just read half a dozen posts (Including another by the author of this thread) and if the authors would just think for two minutes about their question, they'd realize the answer instead of running off to the forum. Is thinking taboo?

icic, ok :) here comes another question. is there a way to find the ammount of lines in a text file?

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

• Developers

icic, ok :) here comes another question. is there a way to find the ammount of lines in a text file?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#include <file.au3>

$cnt = _FileCountLines( $sFilePath )

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

and now for the final question. =-o can i make it so the random number is always an integer?

My site for HTML Help :)[quote name='Valik' date='Oct 15 2004, 12:29 PM']Maybe nobody is an "elite uber-coder" like me because thinking is a capital offense in today's online-world?[right][snapback]36427[/snapback][/right][/quote]

and now for the final question. =-o can i make it so the random number is always an integer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if only there were a function that returned an integer... that'd be great.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• Developers

can i make it so the random number is always an integer?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

F1 (open the helpfile from your editor)...

click on search.

type Integer

Hit Enter..

Make an educated guess which function would be the best option.

try it....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

omg lol i asked three very dumb questions in a row, thanks guys

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

Hey Jon, future suggestion. Make a random function like that of Java. It can randomly generate numbers between a given range. I was making a script for Java with that earlier today.

Hey Jon, future suggestion. Make a random function like that of Java. It can randomly generate numbers between a given range. I was making a script for Java with that earlier today.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How does Java's differ from the current random function?

lol. Matt, next to Valik you are one of the funniest people on this forum :). Ah but Valik, he just has so many quotes, you still need some work :)

Guest BL@(K-R34P3R

No, if you know Java look at the random funciton. It takes in int's parameters... Like 10 -20 and will chose a random number between them.