AutoIT rerun failed scripts?

lowbot

Hello,

I wrote a simple script which installs a program from a network share. It turns out that the people who have this program already installed get an error but at reboot time the autoit script runs again trying to install the package again and again and again.

Is autoIT set to rerun itself if the script doesnt complete? If so how can I change the script to stop this and how can I stop it from happening on computers that are already running the script. Thanks.

This script is being sent via a system manager that as far as I can tell is not set to rerun failed scripts, but its a possibility. I just would like to know if this is a behavor in autoIT.

This is being sent out via the everdream ECC. I'm using this to install the Office 2007 converter pack from Microsoft. Certain computers already have this pack so the installer reports "Cannot Install." But then at reboot the install starts all over again.

Well, the people at Everdream arent sure but they think when the installer exits it doesnt return a code so their software is forever stuck in Executing. They think the "executing" stage is causing this to reinstall at reboot, but they seem a little wishy-washy about this. I've tried changing the state manually but with mixed results.

I think i should be adding some logic to check to see if the software is already installed on the computer and then having the script cancel if it is. Is there a good example script on how to do this? I also believe the ECC waits for a 0 or 1 to be returned to it so it knows whether to flag the install a fail or a success. How can I tell autoit to return a 0 or a 1, or does it do this automatically. Thanks again.

Edited by lowbot