GUI resizing itself, other anomalies

atomman

Don't know if this belongs in GUI support, but i don't think the problem has anything to do with the GUI code itself.

Before i post code, i thought i'd ask if anyone has encountered a problem where their GUI will become corrupt and resize itself, sometimes dropping all controls?

I have a tool-window GUI (no title bar) that's about 24px in height. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, it will resize itself vertically to fill the display and drop some/all of it's controls. It becomes just a solid color -- no labels, controls, etc.. So far this has only happened while the GUI is WinSetOnTop, 1 while Firefox is focused, though i don't know it has anything at all to do with FF (and the code doesn't really interact with FF other than to send a few key strokes).

Don't know if this belongs in GUI support, but i don't think the problem has anything to do with the GUI code itself.

Before i post code, i thought i'd ask if anyone has encountered a problem where their GUI will become corrupt and resize itself, sometimes dropping all controls?

I have a tool-window GUI (no title bar) that's about 24px in height. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, it will resize itself vertically to fill the display and drop some/all of it's controls. It becomes just a solid color -- no labels, controls, etc.. So far this has only happened while the GUI is WinSetOnTop, 1 while Firefox is focused, though i don't know it has anything at all to do with FF (and the code doesn't really interact with FF other than to send a few key strokes).

There is probably something in your script to do with sizing the gui, so add some debugging lines to trace what happens. Otherwise post some code.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• Moderators

WinMove would be resizing it.

A thing to remember. IniRead() returns a string, even if you have a number in there, so doing math, you'd need to make the IniRead a Number() or an Int() depending on what you need.

Unfortunately, I didn't go through all that code, try to cut it down to about 50 lines that reproduces the issue for easier debugging.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.