Grab text from GXWND control

tmbeach

Hello,

First time poster, hello all!

First off I found AutoIt a few months ago and it's been tremendously useful personally and at work. Thanks for running such a cool project <_<

Anyways, I need to read text from a grid/listview object in an external application which is of class GXWND. I've looked at the ControlListView(), _ListView_GetItem() from Auto3Lib and _GUICtrlListViewGetItemText functions and nothing seems to work. I can get the handle of the control but when I pass it into those functions I get nothing. I'm guessing that the GXWND is not a listview-compatible control... and if so does anyone have an idea as to where I should go to read the information displayed?

Many thanks in advance.

Hello,

First time poster, hello all!

First off I found AutoIt a few months ago and it's been tremendously useful personally and at work. Thanks for running such a cool project :)

Anyways, I need to read text from a grid/listview object in an external application which is of class GXWND. I've looked at the ControlListView(), _ListView_GetItem() from Auto3Lib and _GUICtrlListViewGetItemText functions and nothing seems to work. I can get the handle of the control but when I pass it into those functions I get nothing. I'm guessing that the GXWND is not a listview-compatible control... and if so does anyone have an idea as to where I should go to read the information displayed?

Many thanks in advance.

Welcome to AutoIt! :P

Try the Search function of the forum to look for info on Grid controls, but what I remember seeing here was mostly about things tried that didn't work. AutoIt works with the standard Windows APIs. Some things like Delphi grid controls have their own and AutoIt can't read them.

<_<

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Welcome to AutoIt! :)

Try the Search function of the forum to look for info on Grid controls, but what I remember seeing here was mostly about things tried that didn't work. AutoIt works with the standard Windows APIs. Some things like Delphi grid controls have their own and AutoIt can't read them.

<_<

I can't seem to find anything on the site or in the documentation dealing specifically with Grid controls, only ListView controls. Any ideas on where to start?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Just thought I'd wrap up this post before starting my next one. I was able to grab data from the datagrid using an ugly combination of MouseClick, Send({DOWN}) etc. and ClipGet() functions. Not the most elegant solution, but effective. Thanks for trying to help and my next question will hopefully be easier.

Thomas