Having trouble monitoring a window

Anyone know a way to make PixelGetColor work on a specific, hidden (therefore non-active) window?

If not, maybe you can recommend a different approach to my goal. I'm trying to automate World of Warcraft game window login, character selection, etc. Unfortunately the window needs to be hidden while this is going on. I have it working fairly reliably using sleeps between sending keystrokes, but alas, the perfectionist in me is looking for some way to control this process better by "knowing" what is happening in the window. If I could use PixelGetColor on a specific window then that would work. Any ideas?

On a different subject, I have been using AutoIt for a few months now. This is by far the best scripting language for Windows I have ever seen and it is a pleasure to use. The dev team should be extremely proud. Thanks for all of the hard work! <_<

• Moderators

If a pixel falls in forest and there are no witnesses, is it visible?

Sounds strangely close to a SciFi commercial I heard the other day <_<

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.