Hidden window's PixelSearch() possible?

phew

hi,

i wondered if there is any way to find a certain area in an hidden IE-window created with _IECreate()?

for example i open www.google.com with _IECreate() in hidden mode and click the link "Groups" by finding it with a PixelSearch().

it would be kinda disturbing when there would always open up the ie window and my mouse jump onto the target-pixel and do click a left-mouse-click, so i tried to find a way making the whole procedure hidden, but at least i couldn't find any working one!

some ideas needed!

greeeeeets,

Until a window is displayed on the screen it has no pixels to search for.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Until a window is displayed on the screen it has no pixels to search for.

Technically, the pixels are there. They're just hidden.

hi,

i wondered if there is any way to find a certain area in an hidden IE-window created with _IECreate()?

for example i open www.google.com with _IECreate() in hidden mode and click the link "Groups" by finding it with a PixelSearch().

it would be kinda disturbing when there would always open up the ie window and my mouse jump onto the target-pixel and do click a left-mouse-click, so i tried to find a way making the whole procedure hidden, but at least i couldn't find any working one!

some ideas needed!

greeeeeets,

Click the group link by using _IELinkClickByText.

Edited by Manadar

thanks for the suggestion with _IEClickLinkByText() but i need a pixelsearch because the link's text is variegating all the time

greets

No pixelsearch for you mister! :P

The only reason you should ever use PixelSearch in Internet Explorer, is when you are automating Java.

There are other alternatives. Maybe, the alt text stays the same all the time or maybe the position in the page is the same so that the index is also the same _IELinkClickByIndex. Or maybe the text is partially the same, or maybe even the url is somewhat the same. Once you know what the link has in common each time you can automate it.