Unable to add AVI

aantiix

I did a search of the forums and am unable to find an issue like I am having. I am new to AutoIt and am attempting to add an AVI. I initially tried using SciTE and it will work with the test .dll file but when I add any file with .avi I get an error "Bad Image" - "The application or DLL <file_path> is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." I then tried to add the .avi using Koda (FormDesigner) and when browsing for my .avi I get an error:

Exception handled: MainExceptionHandler

Cannot open AVI

Exception Address: 00465704

Information about Source of Exception

Unit:

Method:

Line: 0

I have tried several different .avi files with the same results and am certain that these are valid images. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what the problem is?

I did a search of the forums and am unable to find an issue like I am having. I am new to AutoIt and am attempting to add an AVI. I initially tried using SciTE and it will work with the test .dll file but when I add any file with .avi I get an error "Bad Image" - "The application or DLL <file_path> is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." I then tried to add the .avi using Koda (FormDesigner) and when browsing for my .avi I get an error:

Exception handled: MainExceptionHandler

Cannot open AVI

Exception Address: 00465704

Information about Source of Exception

Unit:

Method:

Line: 0

I have tried several different .avi files with the same results and am certain that these are valid images. Can someone point me in the right direction as to what the problem is?

Is it a standard .AVI or is it using something like a DiVX codec? I just did a quick run with two different files:

• sampleAVI.avi (from the installed "Examples" w/ AutoIt) = standard .AVI encoding = success
  • heroes.s.02e01.avi (love that show) = xvid encoding = error ("The application or DLL ... ... is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.")
Since (and correct me if I'm wrong) GUICtrlCreateAvi() is using dependencies from the core OS, you'd only have success with .AVI files that have standard encoding.

Edit: legibility

Edited by Monamo

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]

• 1 month later...

Is it a standard .AVI or is it using something like a DiVX codec? I just did a quick run with two different files:

• sampleAVI.avi (from the installed "Examples" w/ AutoIt) = standard .AVI encoding = success
  • heroes.s.02e01.avi (love that show) = xvid encoding = error ("The application or DLL ... ... is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.")
Since (and correct me if I'm wrong) GUICtrlCreateAvi() is using dependencies from the core OS, you'd only have success with .AVI files that have standard encoding.

Edit: legibility

Thank you very much, that was exactly the problem. I hadnt tested with the AVI that came with the examples. The ones I tested with were encoded with different codec but apparently none that would work with this. I just need to redo the AVIs now that I needed for the app.