_IECreate() open old IE6 browser and hangs.

eson

Hello,

Im just trying to use IE.AU3 to load a single web page with the following code:

#include <IE.au3>

_IECreate("www.terra.com.br")

When I try the code AutoIt apparently try to open the page with the old IE6 (Im using IE7!!).

The title of the browser that opens is Microsoft Internet Explorer and it just hangs before loading the page.

Some times this old browser (IE6) opens, remains for a moment and then the the IE7 appears and try to open the page on a Tab and hangs.

I have to use CTRL+ALT+DEL to close the browser.

The problem is not the page. I tried _IE_Example ( "basic" ) and the result is the same. (old IE6 try to open and hangs).

Im using WinXP SP2 + IE7. All updated.

Could you help??

PS: sorry about my english.

What is your evidence that it is IE6? I don't think that both can be on the same machine.

I presume you are running Vista -- see my sig for a pointer to a post with workarounds. If its Vista, the trouble is with changes to the security model.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

When I run the code a window with the title "Microsoft Internet Explorer appears. This is not the right title of IE7 that uses "Windoes Internet Explorer" instead. Also, the look of the browser is totally different of the IE7.

Maybe the window is an explorer (windows explorer) trying to open a web page.

My sequence is:

1) I run the code

2) a Window with title "Microsoft Internet Explorer appears but no page is loaded

3) After 5 sec. the following message pops-up:

In Portuguese:

"O Windows não pode acessar o dispositivo, caminho ou arquivo especificado. Talvez você não tenha as permissões adequadas para acessar o item".

The translate would be like this:

"Windows cannot access the device, the path or the specified archive. Perhaps you does not have the right permission to access the item."

4) The browser (or whatever it is) hangs with no page loaded

5) I press the OK button on the message. Another blank browser appears and another message pos-up.

6) I press CTRL+ALT+DEL and ended the programs instances (Internet explorer)

Some rare times, after the "Internet explorer" appears, (+- 5 sec.) a true "Windows Explorer" (IE7) windows appears and start to load the page. The page is loaded but hangs. This is difficult to reproduce. Most of the time the sequence above (1-6) is what I have.

I'm NOT running Windows Vista. I'm running Windows XP SP2.

I'm not running IE6, I updated to IE7 long time ago.

I'm the only user of the computer. It is my personal notebook, I'm the only user and have full administration rights.

I'm using the latest version of AutoIt3 and AutoIt3 BETA, with the SciTE editor. All installed normaly with the installers. I already tried to reinstall.

I'm not sure that the browser window that appears is really IE6. Maybe it is an windows explorer window trying to load a web page. As it hangs, I could not open the About menu to check. But it is not the Windoes Internet Explorer 7 windows.

Thank you,

Eduardo.

OK, I believe you. That is odd.

Try

$o_object = ObjCreate("InternetExplorer.Application")

$o_object.visible = True

and let me know what happens.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Dale,

Thank you for your help. The problem was so strange that I formated my HD and reinstalled Windows, etc.

The problem is now solved. IE.au3 is working.

Thank you.

Eduardo.

That was going to be my next suggestion :P (no, I've never worked for Microsoft).

Glad to know it is working.

Dale