AnyGUI2.8 question

qwert

I run a database package that opens its main window and then opens a child window according to the function requested by the user. The title on the main window is DbSQL initially -- and then changes to DbSQL - [DbSQL] when the child window opens.

I have successfully used _TargetStyle to remove the Title Bar on the parent window. The function will perform that change regardless of whether I reference the window as DbSQL or DbSQL-[DbSQL] in the WinGetHandle script step.

However, I also need to change some characteristics of the child window (e.g., remove the horizontal scroll bar) but no combination of _TargetStyle parameters seem to be able to get to it. (I attempt the child settings in the script immediately after the successful parent settings.) Neither handle works -- and AutoIt Info show the child window to be and MDIClient with the title DbSQL - [DbSQL].

I've run out of things to try. Is there a reason child windows can't be modified? Or is there some setting that I'm missing?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

After a week of trying things, I still haven't been able to have _TargetStyle operate on a child window. In my latest attempts, I've used WinSetTitle to rename the parent window to "Main" -- which makes the child window have a clear and separate title of "DbSQL" -- but no subsequent request changes anything about the child window.

Are changes to a child window within an external application even possible?