Win always active

mimo78

Is there a way to make a window always active???

The reason is I made a lot of installers for the applications we have, mostly adobe software, becasue their ways of doing things don't work for me and many others.

lately I have made my cs3 master class "1 click installer"

My problem with thise install scripts is that they might lose focus (for instance someone put in a mic in their soundcard and the soundcard software pops up asking if he put it in the right jack)

now my install script is sending a lot of commands, but the window it was intended to don't listen, and therefor doesn't recive. (becasue its not active)

if you make a scipt that opens notepad, waits for 2 sec and then writes some stuff, if you click somewhere else in those 2 seconds it will not send this to notepad, but make a "dung" sound instead.

I searched but didn't found so:

is there a way in autoit to make a window keeping focus?

is there a script or function,udf that does this?

It would greatly improve my unattended install scripts

best regards mimo78

Best Regards Mimo

Is there a way to make a window always active???

The reason is I made a lot of installers for the applications we have, mostly adobe software, becasue their ways of doing things don't work for me and many others.

lately I have made my cs3 master class "1 click installer"

My problem with thise install scripts is that they might lose focus (for instance someone put in a mic in their soundcard and the soundcard software pops up asking if he put it in the right jack)

now my install script is sending a lot of commands, but the window it was intended to don't listen, and therefor doesn't recive. (becasue its not active)

if you make a scipt that opens notepad, waits for 2 sec and then writes some stuff, if you click somewhere else in those 2 seconds it will not send this to notepad, but make a "dung" sound instead.

I searched but didn't found so:

is there a way in autoit to make a window keeping focus?

is there a script or function,udf that does this?

It would greatly improve my unattended install scripts

best regards mimo78

Search again :PWinActive. This way you can make sure with WinActive before you send a command that it's realy active window.

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)