Outlook COM functions and message body retrevial

fhanna

Currently my script right clicks on the body of the email and selects View Source and the body is loaded into Notepad. I then copy to the clipboard then from the clipboard to a variable.

I would like to use an Outllook Com function to do the same.

I have only found the general reference to do the following but need additional guidance:

$oOutlook = ObjGet("","Outlook.application")

$oNameSpace = $oOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")

How do I read the body of the message. Is there a place I can find additional commands within the AutoIt3 coding scheme?

Any and all comments are appreciated.

hallo fhanna

Outlook.application currently rev. 11 is a special component that come from OUTLOOK.EXE, there is a lot to deal with four or five componets, panels ec. that all has to be initiated sepparately...

check this msnd out

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb208225.aspx

Thank you for the quick post and reference. There is a lot to deal with and is compounded due to converting it to AutoIt3 syntex. I'm just hoping for simple AutoIt coding to read the body to a variable. The primary purpose is to retrieve a URL and do some text comparasion.

Thanks again for the link as I am sure it will be valuable as I learn the COM interfaces.

If you have a look to my example-code then it will be quite easy.

To do what you want, you will have to use the object "MailItem.Body".

How do I know? Just start Outlook and open up the Macro-Visual-Basic-Editor (Alt-F11) afterwards press F2 and you will see all available Outlook-Objects you can use. The "core-part" is usable for each Outlook version.

UTA