UDF sources question for Autoit developers (Valik and Gary Frost)

Hello ,

I am not sure who I should ask that question and whether it is the right place to ask.

So please forgive me if this is not appropriate.

During development of my application (winnut) I had to modify some functions of GuiTreeView UDF as well as added the function to set icon to a single TreeViewItem developed by Valik.

Since my application is open source and I have some people who could be interested in helping me develop it I need to publish the modified UDF with my code.

I am asking permission to do that since I am not sure whether this is allowed or not.

Hello ,

I am not sure who I should ask that question and whether it is the right place to ask.

So please forgive me if this is not appropriate.

During development of my application (winnut) I had to modify some functions of GuiTreeView UDF as well as added the function to set icon to a single TreeViewItem developed by Valik.

Since my application is open source and I have some people who could be interested in helping me develop it I need to publish the modified UDF with my code.

I am asking permission to do that since I am not sure whether this is allowed or not.

The help file has a 'License' section which tells you a lot about what you can do. If you are still unsure there is an email address given for questions about the license.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

weaponx, Yes my program is made on AutoIt.

You may take a look if you like at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/winnutclient/

martin , I am not sure how AutoIt license is applicable here.

I am not talking AutoIt source code .

It is the sources of one of the UDF's which I need to publish with my source.

Therefore I am not sure the AutoIt license applies to UDF's written and distributed with it.

It does say I may distribute scripts written by me freely , but it says nothing about UDF's

I am not sure how AutoIt license is applicable here.

Since the UDFs are written for AutoIt, I'm sure they would be considered an extension of Autoit. Hardly anyone will offer up a UDF and expect someone to "not" use it. It is Autoit code (needing application), so... the creator would intend to write the UDF for use with Autoit, and in turn, for inclusion in your program. In addition, most will just ask for a small credit if you use their code.

I'm sure anyone writing UDFs that they don't want to be used, will not post them in the forum for others to find.

Two cents... spent