Exit on pause

hyperz

I often use AutoIT for its Runas feature and have been thinking of best practices. I started thinking about how I run some things through elevated privileges on a command line, which led me to think this could be a security loophole if anyone ever thought about it.

The problem I have is that since I open a command line to send commands to and execute with elevated privileges, it's easy enough for someone to Ctrl+Alt+Del their way to administrator status simply by pausing the script and taking over the command line. This is no good. I'd like to be able to have the script end if it pauses or at the very least close any command line instances. I looked at the FAQs, but they only say how to run exit from hotkey setup. But I can't set ctrl+alt+del as a hotkey.

So, how do I get around this, or should I just move everything to a batch or com file as a best practice method? I just like seeing the program giving me feedback on the console, for instance when using cacls to modify security on folders. Doesn't really matter in the end though, if it works, it works.

how about getting the windows title? pressing ctrl+alt+del will open task manager , so grab the title and put the script to end when it detect "Windows Task Manager" exists..

or put hotkey on so the script will exit if any of these two buttons are pressed...

HotKeySet("!{TAB}", "exit")

HotKeySet("^{DEL}", "exit")